15

"Now is she actually your girlfriend?" My mum asked as soon as the front door had shut.

"Yes" I said through gritted teeth.

"She's not right for you"

"She's better than every other girl I've been with over the past couple of years"

"Luke, we know she's just one of the girls you slept with last night and want to keep sleeping with"

"She's not though. I haven't had a serious girlfriend since Carrie and I finally get one and you want her gone already"

"How long have you guys been together?"

"A week" I lied. They didn't need to know I hadn't even asked her to be my girlfriend yet.

"How'd you meet her?"

"She works at a store down town"

"Surely it's Luke's decision whether or not he dates her, not yours" Ben said and I couldn't help but smile at the fact my brothers were sticking up for me, well Maddie.

"And Maddie's not exactly like any of the other girls Luke's been with, not even Carrie. Isn't that a good thing?"

"I guess. Why don't you bring her to the family dinner?"

"When is it?"

"A couple of weeks time"

"I'll see if she's working or not"

"You should bring her if you can" Ben said.

"Your mum and I were going to go get coffee, are you boys coming?" The three of us shook our heads and watched as our parents left.

"Now tell us the real story" Jack said.

"Yeah, when'd you start fucking her?"

"It's not all like that"

"Still tell us the story"

"I met her a few weeks ago when I went into the store she works at. We didn't get on at all and she thought I was a fuck boy-"

"You are"

"I was. Anyway, I thought she was a bitch and all she did was fight back. She was different. Her friends dragged her to a party we threw and we met again. Then I saw her again and the at my birthday party we went back to hers and had sex then I was a dick and got scared because I actually liked her and left before I woke up then she came over yesterday and we talked about it"

"Then you had sex?"

"Pretty much"

"And she's not your girlfriend yet is she?"

"She will be soon"

"You really like her don't you?" I nodded.

"Ignore mum and dad, they just want you to be with Amy"

"She's such a bitch" I said and they nodded in agreement.

"Bring her to the dinner though, that'll really piss mum and dad off"

"I'm just worried that Maddie will lose her temper with them. She won't hold back on what she thinks"

"Maybe that'll do mum and dad some good"