28

"Can we talk?"

"About?"

"Us"

"Sure, come in" Luke stepped into my small apartment. Since Ashton and Sydney were starting a family they decided they wanted their own place and since I'm earning more money with my old job back I offered to move out and find another place.

"Is that my shirt?" I looked down and noticed I was only wearing one of Luke's old shirts and my underwear. I pulled it down slightly, it sitting high on my thighs. I nodded sheepishly. I expected his signature smirk to wash over his face but it didn't. Instead the corners of his lips turned up.

"Do you want a drink?"

"I'm fine"

"So how are you?"

"I'm better"

"So, you wanted to talk"

"Maddie, I hate this. I have no idea what's happening. We're more acquaintances than friends"

"I know, I just don't know how I feel"

"I love you so fucking much though"

"I know. I need time"

"Is nine months not long enough?"

"Can't we just hang out and see how things go for a while?"

"I'm fine with that"

"Are you sure?"

"It's not what I wanted exactly but if it gives me another shot, I'll take it"

"Thanks"

"I have to go" He told me after glancing at his phone. I walked with him to the door. "Listen, there's a party at our place next Friday, can you come?"

"I'll see. I won't know anyone else there since Sydney won't be going"

"You can hang out with me"

"I'll see if I can come. I have to work late at some point so I might have to be late"

"It's fine. Just come if you can" I nodded as his phone beeped. "Calum needs my help, I'll see you next week" I nodded again.

"Bye, Luke"

"Adios, amigo"

"Did you just friendzone me?" I shouted down the hall as Luke walked off.

"Like you haven't done that to me" He replied, his back to me as he flipped his middle finger at me.