Kabanata 21

20 years ago

"So what? Do you think my idea is awesome!" America said so energetically.

I was grinning usually but deep inside I was bothered.

As the meeting ended, France approached me.

"Russie, could ye have a moment please?"

I obliged and I turned to follow him.

"What iz the matter?"

"Oh nothing of sorts. I was wondering if you had your boss talked something like not the usual thing."

My facial expression changed.

"No. I have none, Франция (France). So if you excuse me I have to go."

"Oh. Oui. Prenez soin de vous!(Yes. Take care of yourself."

I walked on without responding back. I felt sick when I saw that man right at the end of the corridor.

I showed a bitter expression.

"Why did you show up in here?"

"Now. Now. I don't want you to be so impolite to your boss." He grinned not very suitable to his attitude.

I still not took too favorable to his sudden appearance in front of me.

"I've got good news. The process is almost complete! Now humans and nations can live coexistenly and you don't have to hide anymore and all those bullcrap!"

I shook my head.

" Ни за что! (No way!) You have interfered our lives way too much! Dimiourgos and his ancestors would never allow such thing to happen and -"

"But it is too late to back out now!"I sense beyond malice in his tone. Malice that is far worse than most people held me account for.

"Trust me Russia. If our plan works, you might thank me sooner. Three years from now. We will see."

**

Present

I recognized that voice.

Siya yun nag bulong sakin non nahimatay ako!

"Oh dear you don't have to be afraid." He approached. I slowly cowered back at my bed.

"Don't come near me. You said you would take my life!"

"Oh I won't need such bloody bloodbath unless I have the pendant!"

Umiling ako sa aking isip. I can't have him that thing. Aside from my family's only heirloom, it appears nga importante ito at hindi ito karapat dapat ilagay ito sa mga masasamang kamay.

"C'mon, девушка (girl). Don't be rash."

He held out his outstretched hand. I rapidly searched my room for anything.
I saw it and frantically grabbed the nightstand and hurled at him.

It hit on his collarbone and he retracted his arm back in scowled in pain.

" Черт! Блядь больно! (Damn! Fuck it hurts!)" He sputtered and glared at me.

He suddenly went to grab me my hair. I shrieked and struggled.

"VISAYAS! LUZON! MINDANAO!" I yelped helplessly.

"Your meaningless shouts are worthless." He sneered.

Hinila niya yung buhok ko at umiiyak ako hindi dahil sa sakit kundi unti akong nawawalan ng pag-asa.

He toppled over me as I kicked his foot away. I pushed him  away from his heavy weight and tall height but he hugged me to prevent me doing so.

I screeched and wailed helplessly.

"Hahahahhahahahaha! It is futile!" The man laughed.

God! Please tulungan mo ako!

The man went to grabbed on my chest and snatched the pendant I was wearing.

"No." I barely mumbled out before he turned and smirk maliciously at the darkness.

"Soon! My dreams will come true."

"Oh no you don't big fella!" Someone said from the door and roundhouse kicked it and the door opened to reveal Luzon and Visayas and Mindanao.

They first saw me helpless on the ground and their expressions were in shock but turn hard from anger. The three of them glared at the man.

"Unhand Miracle this instant." Mindanao barely seethed.

"And then what? Knock me out? Grab the pendant? Save the girl? Nonsense. This body is bigger than yours and I-"

In a quick succession, I saw a blur and Visayas was punching the man's face out of hesitation.

"Don't underestimate us, you worthless scum."

He raised his knee and he hit the man's chin and the man fell over.

Visayas' expression was cold but a twinge of emotion was there.

Luzon and Mindanao helped me get up on my feet.

"Are you okay?" Tanong ni Luzon sakin.

Tumango ako at tumingin ako sa kanila.

"S-salamat... Kung hindi kayo dumating, h-hindi ko alam anong gagawin ko." Tumutulo yung luha ko at tinhanan ako ni Mindanao.

I silently let the tears poured out without wailing because I have no strength to vocal out my voice.

Visayas smiled at us.

"As long as you are safe. Nothing matters anymore Miracle."

He looked at the man that was lying and sighed and whispered.

I could varely make out some of the words like come, Russia, worst.

But he said this really clear.

"I guess the real Russia has long gone now has he?"