Kabanata 27

"Welcome back, Russia."

Russia smiled warmly then back to a grim expression.

"I've done a lot of terrible things. I am really sorry." He said, his accent laced with thick Russian.

"But you regretted it. You redeemed yourself. Dimourgous would be proud of you."

Russia looked at Spain and giggled. Kind of a cute way to giggle.

"Dimourgous would have probably yelled at me for being naive."

His expression changed into horror as he clutched his head and cried in agony.

"W-what's happening to him?" Uncle asked the seemingly chill Spain.

"He's trying to take over Russia again. He's strong. No wonder Russia has been this dormant inside of him."

Considering how long Spain existed over the years, I wouldn't question how much he knows about these things.

"Spain..." Russia gasped. "Make it end please."

Spain hugged the bigger man.

"Sorry amigo but we have to do this."

Spain glanced at Uncle and gave him the ring he wore.

As soon Spain touched it, there was a faint glow emitting from the ring and slowly enveloped Spain.

He touched Russia's chest and began to mutter something from his breath.

The light slowly thickened and wrapped around them.

We looked away from the blinding light.

Slowly, it was fading and fading until Spain shows himself standing with no Russia around and the bodyguards are also gone.

But Spain's expression was dark and he held out the darkened ring, crushed it and was flown into the wind.

Someone nudged me in the shoulder. Doon ko na realized si Tito yun at tinagal niya ang tali sakin.

Naalala ko si Mindanao at nakatayo ako bigla.

Nandoon parin siya. He was still lying but he was less bleeding.

"You don't really have to worry. A nation could never die from a gunshot."

I stared at Mindanao who was breathing evenly know as the wound on his chest closed itself.

I turned to look at my uncle and hugged him.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"Yeah. Me too."

We released from the embrace and walked to Spain.

"Spain" He looked at me. He may be smiling but you can't hide the lingering sadness in them.

"What... happend?"

He smiled bitterly.

"No one knows but I do know he is in a better place."

He turned to uncle.

"I'll be going now."

He left without another word. Nakikita ko uli siya tumalikod at nawala bigla ng parang bula.

"Thanks ... Spain."