Chapter 21

///////////ALEC'S POV//////////

 "No. No he's fine, we just had to do some tests, on his lungs, kidneys, and brain activity; just to make sure." My thoughts go in and out of focus, listening to the Doctor out in the hallway. "Well thank you. So, so much doctor." Jae? I pry my eyes open. One, then the other. To see Soph in the bed next to mine. By the looks of it, it seems like shes' been crying for hours. She smiles and I smile back, "Hey," I croak. I clear my throat. "Hey." Her lip twitches, trying not to smile, "Hey." she replies. "Alec, I'm so-" I throw a cast arm up, "No. It's not your fault, the truck took a wrong turn; not your fault. His... Hey," I stop, looking around, "Where's Ex?" She sits up a little, "He was in the back seat when the car went head on, so he didn't get that much damage. He's in the cafeteria, ever since the last accident we were in, he's become very, shut down, and away from the world." she glances back, "So no, not much damage; head injuries, but very minor; broken arm. Plus they had to get him a new prosthetic." Her eyes lighten up, "Hey guess what. Our lungs are a match, so when I need a lung, you're my go to guy." We laugh.That's when Jae comes in from the hallway, where he was talking to the doctor. Who is, in fact, Tyler's doctor. I like him. He sits by me, looks at me; just looks at me.

F. O. R

E. V. E. R.

He finally stands a little, and leans in, and kisses me. I miss his lips. So much. Sophia. she doesn't know I'm gay. Ex does. Well, I didn't tell him I was in love with a guy. Though he guessed a long time ago; even when I was dating his sister. I pull away, and look right at Soph, her eyes slightly widened, not out of disgust; or even hatred. Just shocked, maybe even a little confused. "Um. I'm Sophia. you can call me,-" The curtains thrown to the side, "Ah knew it!" says Ex barging in. "Ex! that was a loung time ago." Soph explains. I turn back to Jae, to see him still looking right at me.

~~~

 "You'a turn." Ex says while picking up a card. "Fives?" He shakes his head, "Fishes." I sigh, "Ex, it's go-fish. Go fish, understand?" He shakes his head, "Yes." he mumbles something under his breath that sounds a lot like, 'ducking gashole.' I laugh quietly, Soph on the bed next to mine. That's when we hear my Doctor and Tyler's nurse talking out in the hallway. "It's very interesting that they have an exact match. its almost impossible to get Tyler a Replacement lung, and here Alec is with two perfect ones. its just..." their voices get drawn out while they walk further down the hallway."Alec? yeh betta not be thinkin what I think yeh thinkin..." I put my hand out to silence him. Of course. It's been in front of me this I entire time. I know how to make sure that Jae gets his brother back.
 I'm gonna give Tyler my lungs.