Chapter 30

//////////Jaes' POV////////////

 "Jae, you can't leave. Please." I turn back to see my mother in tears, "Mom. I have to get out of here. I'm sorry." I turn around, bag in hand and get into my car. Putting my seatbelt on I realize I forgot something.
 I sigh, I jump out of my car and run to my mom, who is still on the porch. She looks up, hope in her eyes. "I forgot something." I run up to her and hug her. Hug my mother, Who always loved me, no matter what. Who was always there for me. When no one else was. "I love you mama." She cries into my shoulder, "I love you, my baby."

~~~

 I have to see him before I leave. Just once, before I'm off to college. I was going to stay in town and go to college. After what happened, happened... I can't. "Jae. I'm surprised you came." I sit down next to him. "Why's that?" He shrugs, "Well, you seemed pretty pissed the last time we spoke." I nod, "Yeah. I was, Still am. I can't believe you did that, behind my back no less."
 He shakes his head, "If its worth anything to you. I'm sorry. I really am, I didn't want you to go through this." I look at him. And I'm no longer sad, or angry. "You look good Tyler." He smiles a sad smile, "Thanks, I should." He pauses, and examines flowers that got sent to him. "You'll find someone. I know you will." I look at him, "Why would you say that?" He frowns, "Jae don't do this. You'll find love again; Alec would want you too." I scoff, "I couldn't care less what that asshole wants." He seems confused, "What do you mean?" Realization dawns on me; he doesn't know. I mean, why would he. Alec probably hasn't visited. "Tyler, Alec is alive." His eyes widen, "What? But how-" I cut him off, "Alecs' best friend Sophia had a match. I don't know, she was depressed and suicidal. So, she..." He shakes his head, "Alec is alive. Have you talked him?" I nod, "I have." The memory makes me want to punch something.
 "Tyler, I came here to say goodbye." His face falls, "What? No, I mean, no. You can't. I'm better; I can be a better brother-" I stop him again, "This isn't about you, it's about me. I promise, I just, need to get away; follow my dreams." Tears welling in his eyes, "What are your dreams?" I smile, "I want to teach math, maybe be an artist on the side." He shakes his head, "I'm sorry little brother. That I took all the attention away from you." I stand up and walk towards him, "It's okay. I love you Tyler." I pat his leg, "I'll see around." Before I leave I hug him for the last time.