Chapter 5

////// Alec's POV ////////

"What happened?!" I turn to see a woman with shoulder length red hair, and a man who has blond hair. I wonder where Jae got his brown hair? Although in this lighting it looks almost red. "Hello Mr. And Mrs Ulrich. I'm so sorry." His mother reaches his side. "What happened to my baby?" The way she said that... She can't possibly know. No, his entire family is here. Even his girlfriend. Maybe she's a cover up. "Ma'am your son, saved me... A guy was gonna punch me, but Jae took him down, when the guys friend came out of nowhere and hit him with, a textbook. I really am sorry. This should be me, not him." I look at him, he looks so peaceful, "God he's so stupid." His girlfriend says with tears in her eyes. "He is not stupid, he saved me." Which I guess kind of makes him stupid. "And I have no idea why." I'll be damned if she talks about him that way though. She starts crying, "You figure him being in the hospital enough would make him less prone to fight." She sniffs. She walks over to me. I don't want to be anywhere near her! "Hi, I'm-"
"Shelby?" A familiar voice asks. We all turn to see Jae lying in the hospital bed. She screeches, as does Jaes mom. Gah, do all girls scream? I turn to his father. He slowly removes his ears. So I do the same. He lives with her. He should know she won't do it again. "Alec?" I turn to the sound of my name. "You're Alec?" I hear Shelby and his mother say in sync. Out of the corner of my eyes I see his father cover his ears again. I quickly follow; but was too late, "Eek! You're Alec? As in the super hot blue eyed babe my brother can't seem to shut up about." He talked about me? Super hot blue eyed bab-?
My eyes widen in realization, and my shoulders slump. Brother? Wow. I'm a complete ass. "We'll... I guess I am." His mother and sister screech, now I know why they both do it, "Like mother like daughter." I say, his father chuckles, "You have no idea." His mother gives me a bone crunching hug. Where as his sister kisses me on both cheeks. So she does that with everyone? His father shakes my hand, hard. Hey I can deal. I give it back to him, "Nice grip." His eyes shine. "Thank you sir." He shrugs, "Please... Call me Andrew."
"Jae!? Jae!?" Who in the...? Great... "Jake honey, how are you?" Jae's mother says. They know him? Which means he's been over, which means he's more important to people in this room.
I have to punch something.
I excuse myself out of the room. Only to hear Jae call my name. I was with him the entire time! Road with him while the paramedics helped him! And then to top that I held his hand until his family got there!
'Jake honey.' Screw you Jake. I got two screeches.
Beat that.

~~~

TWO WEEKS LATER......

I still haven't talked to Jae. He got out of the hospital about a week ago, so it hasn't been that hard to ignore him when he isn't there. I try and ignore him at school. How could he kiss me. Then all of the sudden, all about Jake!? He's a guy, that's why.
I run up my front steps, swing the door open and a foul stench enters my nose and tells my brain to get the hell out of there... But of course my feet don't listen.
"Dad?"
I walk into the kitchen. Everything's in order, and by that I mean dishes fill the sink and the fridge is swung wide open, and the milk I just bought leaks out of its container. I sigh, and don't bother with the milk. "Dad?" I walk into his bedroom. The sheets were my mothers, and I think that's the only reason as to why they're still there. Everything else in his room is a mess. Yet his bed; my mothers bed, is completely made. "Dad?!" I shut his bedroom door and walk down the hallway, passed the kitchen, and I walk into the living room... "Dad!?" I run up to him... I fall to my knees and wipe at face, putting both eyes on him. "Dad? Dad wake up. Dad!?" I slowly touch his cheek, to quickly pull back again.
He's cold.
"Dad?! Dad wake up!" I feel nothing but pain, something I learned to hide from people. But right now all the different feelings run through my body overwhelm me: Sadness, madness, pistoffness, even happiness. He'll finally be able to get over mom. I crawl closer to his body, my pants soaking up the bottle of Jack that was once in his hand. I tunnel my fingers through my hair and pull. Who is gonna love me now? I scream in my throat. A frustrated sigh leaves my lips as I slip my fingers through his palm. I taste salt in my mouth. I rub my face, push my hair out of my eyes, tears cascading down my face and soaking my shirt. "Dad," I whisper the next sentence, to afraid he, or someone else, might hear me, "Dad... Who is gonna love me now?" The fear that ate away at me for years, finally leaves my mouth.
'He never loved you.'
"Yes you did. Right dad? You were just caught up in moms web of love. That's what you said when she left. Thats the last thing I heard you say." I put my head in my hands, his hand right along with it.
Defeated.