Chapter 58

(I've realized i've made you guys/girls wait, for too long. So, to make it up to you. two chapters, in one night.)

//////JACE'S POV/////

"Wait? Two days?" I look at Tyler in question. He scoffs,

"Didn't you read the invitation?"

"I was kind of focused on the part that said, "Please join us in the marriage of Tyler Furland and Chelsea Bates."  He chuckles as he sweeps the dust from the building.

"JACE!" I turn to see a very excited Chelsea running my way, "Hi! Oh my god! you made it!"

I mentally roles my eyes; Of course I made it. He's my brother.

I smile her way anyway, "I figured I could stop by." She laughs, an practically jumps in my arms. She pulls away, an takes my shoulders, as if to tell me something very important. I raise my left brow in question, "We have to get very close. Last time we met, we didn't talk at all really. We've talked a few times... But we're not close."

yeah... It's because you're friends with him. I nod anyway an slip out of her grip, excusing myself, an make my way towards my mom.

She starts tearing up as soon as she sees me. "My baby." She whispers. I frown playfully, an wrap my arms around her.

I pull away an wipe the tears that stream through the creases of her wrinkles, she's still so beautiful.

"It's alright mama bear."

she laughs, but it's not an actual laugh, more like a single bark of laughter, an she taps my shoulder, her eyes roam over my shoulder, an then i'm being turned an smashed into a bear hug.

"Hey dad." I whisper into his chest. "Jace." He says, letting go. "how's it going?" I nod, "Good. Great."

"Yeah? That's great son. Dating anyone?" He looks serious. But says it in a playful tone so it confuses me.

"Ah. No?" I say unsure. What does he want me to say?

wait.

I look around.

Is he already here? "I want you to meet someone." my dad says carefully. I look at mom an back at him, "Ah, no." Dad chuckles, "Not like that son, the mans 40 years old."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "So why ask?"

"He's gotta teaching job he wanted to offer you." I look between my parents to see Tyler talking to our sister an Brian. Tyler's arm wrapped around his bride to be. "Teaching job?" I ask, looking back towards my parents.

"why would it matter whether or not i'm dating someone?" My dad looks me over a couple times, "Because the jobs down town."

My breath, once again, catches.

"No, no no no. I don't know. No."

No.

yes.

well, maybe.

Wait, no...

"I don't know... What!?" I pretend I hear someone call my name an run off.

Only to hit someone.

I back up an look at him, or should I say her... wait...

"Do I know you?" Her eyebrows furrow in thought, "I don't believe so." She says, voice thick with a British accent.

"I'm sorry, You just look familiar I guess."

"Soph. My cousin. We were like twins. The looks anyway. Completely different." I let my eyes roam around the room while listening to her talk. An allowing the shock to set in. When ever I heard Soph talk, it wasn't much. They're completely different.

I see him.

Not Alec.

But Exsavior. I let out a ragged breath, "You can do this." I whisper to myself.

I can do this.

I start off towards Exsavior when I see Casey at his side, an i'm no longer nervous. 
"Hey." I say shyly as I step into Casey's and Exsaviors view. Casey's eyes light up, and she wobbles over to me. I look down to see she has a bump on her stomach, and a lump forms in my throat.
I miss my best friend. "Jace!" She wraps her arms around me, and I look at Exsavior, who's looking at the back of his wife's head; in a trance. He looks as in love with her as he did the first day he saw her. I pull away first and wipes my face, "Hey Case. how are you?" She smiles, "We're great!... I want you to meet someone." The woman, soph's cousin, walks over with a child in her arms, "this is Sophia." Casey says. I look at the little girl, She's around two years old they tell me. My lip starts to wobble, "She's beautiful." I look at Casey an Ex, an smile, with tears in my eyes, Casey frowns, "Jace honey are you okay?" She says worried. I step away, nod, "No, yeah I'm fine." I turn around, "I'll see you in a few!" And dash outside. Only to run into Kirk an Jake, and their five year old. "Hey! Jace! How are you buddy?" Jake wraps his arms around me, then Kirk. An their son wraps his little hand around my first two fingers. I smile, "I'm good. I'm just uh-." I stop, look around. "I'm looking for someone." I start to back away, and smile, with tears, once again forming, "I'll see you in there!" 
That's a lie, but I can't stay here anymore, not right now. Not with these, happy families. My friends, their lives; happy, fulfilled... 
But then it hits me, I am looking for someone. I run up to random people who I've probably met before, an ask if they've seen him... And they point me in the right direction.