*Void*

He had been abandoned, his mother giving him to the maid and ordering for him to be killed. The maid, who he now knew as 'Mama" took him in, refusing to drown the child as ordered. She was fired for it, but she raised him and even though they barely scraped by, he was grateful. 

Mama called his eyes beautiful. Their color was the color of coal and Mama told him when he was born every part of his eyes were that same color, not just his pupil. His mother had called him a demon child and ordered for him to be killed. 

Mama also warned him not to listen to the voices in his head. It would turn him into "Bad Mitchie" as she called it. In that state he was uncontrollable, out of it he could barely play with the shadows. But he knew "Bad Mitchie" made Mama uncomfortable, so he did his best never to go into it. 

Mama was a good mother, when "Bad Mitchie" killed a boy that was picking on him, Mama packed up their things and left, together they disappeared. Mama always tells him to tell her if he saw anybody watching him. Every since "the accident", Mama had been on edge. Not that he could blame her. "Bad Mitchie" was a murder, and like Mama said, only the two of them could tell the difference between "Bad Mitchie" and "Good Mitchie".