Fire

I've been dreading writing this chapter, so good luck reading it. Sorry in advance and sorry for taking FOREVER to get this chapter out to you guys. Forgive me?

Avi never thought that he would be the one pulling their team together. That job always fell to Kirsite or Kevin, maybe even Scott, but never Avi. Avi was always the one that needed to be controlled. But now he was dragging a passed out Void across the floor, sloshing through water that he realized probably came from Kirstie.

He found the girl he had just been thinking of floating gracefully in a lake of her own work. And he shifted Void to one hand while grabbing Kirsite's arm with his other, dragging his two unconscious companions behind him.

He reached Kevin next, the boy was just standing there, looking over the flooded hallway with tears in his eyes. Avi dropped the arms he was holding and rushed towards his best friend, embracing him as he felt tears drip onto his shoulder.

"We're monsters," Kevin choked out, gripping tightly onto Avi's shoulders. Avi pulled away, staring into his best friend's eyes.

"Wolves kill other wolves when their family is being attacked. Wolves kill other wolves to try and protect themselves. Do we think of wolves as monsters? No, Kev, we aren't monsters. We aren't any more a monster than a wolf is. We never wanted this- nobody ever wanted this, but we had to do it. We aren't monsters, Kev. We're just a group of teenagers who never asked for this." Avi tightened his grip on Kevin's shoulders. "You need to get it together, Kev. We don't have much time-- we need to find Scott."

"I know where he is," Kevin said slowly. "Nuts took him." Avi cursed, this time Kevin didn't correct him. Avi looked into his best friend's dark eyes, and it was then that he knew what he had to do.

"Get them out of here, Kevin," Avi said quietly, the realization of what he was about to do, starting to dawn on him. "I'll find Scott, you get them out of here, get them to somewhere safe." He swallowed, forcing the lie out of himself. "I'll see you soon."

Kevin nodded, and pealed himself off the wall he was using for support. He went to the two passed out elementals, picking both of them up and with one last glance at Avi, headed towards the exit. With the power out, it wouldn't take too much to get the doors open. Avi was glad that Kevin was finally going to be able to see Outside. The real Outside.

Avi released a sigh and turned in the opposite direction, running away from the people he loved more than anything and towards the person he hated more than most. But that women had someone he loved, and he would do anything to get him back.

~*~

Avi was running around blindly, reaching out with his heart, trying to find the missing piece that was Air. It took him a while, but finally the empty spot was filled. Scott was close.

The feeling kept getting stronger and stronger the closer he moved, finally reaching a locked door. He mustered up all his energy and blasted open the door with his fire. It swung open, revealing a terrified Scott.

He was seemingly alone in the room, but the chains around his wrists connecting him to the wall told Avi different. That and the fact that Scott's eyes were as wide as saucers looking towards the corner of the room that Avi could not see.

"Madden," Avi growled out, stepping inside that room, and turning towards the corner that he knew the scientist was hiding in.

"Avriel," The scientist replied, her eyes never leaving him, but Avi was only focused on Scott, and all the terror that was bleeding from him.

"It's okay, Scotty," Avi said, smiling at the younger Elemental. "Everything is going to be okay, I'm going to get out out of here, everything will be okay?" Scott nodded, but tears still overflowed from his eyes and dripped down his face. It was then that Avi regretted everything he had said about the Elemental. He wished that he had never called him a coward, Avi wished that he could apologize for every mean thing he had said to Scott. He wished that he had time to do everything that he wanted to do. He wished that he could turn back time. He wished that he had supported Scott. He wished that he had tried to make everything up before this moment. He wished that he had tried harder to be there for Scott. There were many things he wished. There just wasn't enough time.