Air

Scott released a scream that could shake the world. He drew upon the winds just in time to protect himself and the other Elementals from the burst of fire that exploded from the building. And he screamed, because he knew exactly what that fire meant. He screamed because he would feel part of his soul being ripped away from him. He screamed because he could feel the exact moment Avi died. He screamed because he was lied to. And he screamed because Avi was his friend. His brother. And he screamed because he knew he was gone. 

But soon the scream was lost to the elements, as a personal whirlwind whipped up around him. Somehow, in Scott's rage and frustration, the wind around him went wild, feeding off his emotion. Never in Scott's fifteen years of life had he made a storm this big. Never in Scott's fifteen years of life had he felt this much emotion. Never in Scott's fifteen years of life had he lost a part of his soul. Never in Scott's fifteen years of life had he imagined that he would lose Avi. Never in Scott's fifteen years of life would he have imagined that it would be his fault. 

And as the tornado brewed around him, tearing up chunks of the earth and swirling it around in his own personal blockade, his mind was filled with the thoughts of "if only'. If only he had stayed. If only he hadn't let himself be captured. If only he were stronger. If only he didn't need protection. If only he wasn't stupid. If only he could see through lies. If only he had done something. If only, if only, if only, if only, if only... if only...if only. If only Avi was still with them. If only Avi wasn't dead. 

Scott turned to look towards the other parts of his soul. He wondered if they blamed him too. He wondered what they were thinking. Kirstie was probably sobbing. Kevin was probably barely keeping it together. And Void? Scott didn't know about Void. And that was when Scott wished it. Scott wished that he could make a trade, a deal with the devil. He wished he could trade the one that got them into this mess in the first place. He wished that he could trade Void for Avi. He wished that he could trade himself. He wished many things, but most of all, he wished that Avi was still alive. 

It took a while before the storm finally calmed down enough for Scott to exit it. It took a while for Scott to get the courage to face the others. It took a while for Scott to convince himself not to take his own life. It took him a while to tear his eyes away from the burning building. It took Scott a while to realize that they needed to leave. It took them all a while to realize that they had to leave. They all wanted to stay. They all wanted to stay close to where Avi had sacrificed himself. But they knew that they had work to do.

Elementals, get reborn quickly. At least that is what the E.E. taught the young Elementals. So, there was no point in lingering. Avi--- or the Elemental soul that was inside Avi--- had already moved on, searching for a new babe to take refuge in. A child like the rest of them. And the young Elementals supposed that it would be their job to find them. Find their new flame, find Avi again. Scott turned his eyes to the sky, the blue above him almost as bright as the tears gathering in his eyes. Avi was out there somewhere. Avi was out there somewhere and it was their job to find him. 

And they were going to find him. They were going to find him no matter how long it took. Scott would never stop looking until he took his last breath, and knowing that Elementals lived longer than the average human, that breath wouldn't be taken for quite a while. So, in other words, Scott had time, and he was willing to give up all that time. He was willing to dedicate his life to find the missing piece. He was willing to dedicate his life to finding Avi's soul. 

It was out there somewhere. And Scott was going to find it. And he didn't care how long it took.

Sorry that it's a little short, but I hope you enjoyed!

~Jo