Earth

*I would like to dedicate this part to @xx_CheshireKitten_xx for re-inspiring me to write this story. Thanks for the votes and lovely comments. I'm very glad someone is enjoying this*

When Kevin suggested making a plan, he expected them to actually come up with something. Instead they sat Outside, and Avi aggressively threw a tennis ball at the wall, while Void paced. Nobody spoke. Kirstie was playing with Scott's fingers, and they waited for someone to speak. Kevin knew it was supposed to be him. He was the grounded one, he was the one who was supposed to make choices like this. So he coughed, bring the groups attention to him.

"We know that there is a lab somewhere in the vicinity," He started. Slowly the tennis ball stopped its repetitive bouncing and Void's feet stilled. "I am assuming that is where Madden took your blood. If loosing that blood is what caused you to loose Mitch, we'll know." Kevin coughed again, nerves starting to set in. He liked order, it sometimes was hard to mess up what he had gotten used to. "No matter the code, Avi can burn through the door."

"No." Void said sharply. "Fire cannot control himself enough to burn through the door. He will ruin this whole mission." Avi's fists turned red, setting themselves on fire and he flew to his feet readying himself to attack.

"If we cannot work together the whole mission will be ruined." Scott said quietly. "Sit down, both of you. Avi can control himself, Void. We've been forced to practice every single day of our lives. We are not the ones wearing the bracelet." Void grumbled to himself, twisting the bracelet on his wrist, tearing at it.

"I think that burning through the door with set off alarm systems. I think before we open the door, we'll have to turn it off. I can do that. I'm small enough to fit into the vents and I can fry the electrical box. When the power is off, you can burn through the door, therefore there won't be any alarms," Kirstie suggested. Kevin found himself nodding, he couldn't believe that he had forgotten about the alarms.

"Okay, Kirstie, your in charge of that, Avi's in charge of breaking in. Void will have to go with Avi, since Mitch is powerless now, we can no longer since him, but since he was apart of Void, perhaps Void will be able to feel him." After speaking this he opened up one of his many books and began scratching down the plans.

"If I can't sense him now, then why would I be able to sense him then?" Void asked. Kevin didn't look up from his writing.

"I believe that you cannot feel him because the signal he is giving you is too weak. He was ripped from his body, there is no way he is strong enough to admit a signal strong enough for you to feel through walls," Kevin explained. Honestly, he wasn't positive that was the reason why, but if they need Mitch back, and this signal, was their only hope. Kevin had to assume it was there, because if it wasn't, he wasn't sure what he'd do.

"We only have one problem," Scott said speaking up for the first time. He was paler than usual, Kevin noticed, and he dropped his gaze to his intwined fingers with Kirstie. She was squeezing them harder than she was before. While Kevin was talking, he had to assume that they were whispering. They made a great team for speaking quietly. Kirstie with her excellent hearing, and Scott would be as quiet as the wind. "When the power goes out, I'm positive Madden will run for the lab, someone will have to be there to stop her." Scott glanced over at Kevin. "And I'm afraid that will have to be me and Kevin."

"Scott's right," Kirstie chimed in immediately. "Nuts is too smart not to realize something is up. If all the generators, including the back-ups, I'm sure she won't head to the power room. She'll head to the lab, and that's where Scott and Kevin will have to tie her up."

"The halls are lined with stunning devices," Kevin said quietly. He had been studying these halls for ages, he knew every corner. He knew where Madden hid her secrets. He knew everything. "They are connected to a generator not in the power room. It's hidden somewhere, so that when someone misbehaves they can still control us, even without the bracelets."

"Get to the point," Avi stated bluntly. "Your rambling."

"The point is," Kevin said glaring at Avi. "If Scott and I use our powers, they will stun us, and your on your own. Not only that, but the walls near the lab are lined with formulas that are supposed to dull powers. It's to prevent things like this from happening. Not only that, but Avi's powers will be weakened considerably." Kevin let his head fall into his hands.

"So... what now?" Scott asked.

"There is a way past it," Kevin answered. "The stunners are a one time use. If they use the ones in the block that we are stationed on, all the rest will be out of commission. Meaning, in a way, one of us will have to be the sacrifice."

"I'll do it." Scott volunteered without hesitation. "Kevin, you can make a wall, keep them occupied for a while, while Avi breaks through the door. I'm useless anyway."

"Your not useless!" Kirstie shouted. "I think Kevin should be the sacrifice. We need you Scott, you are the only one who can communicate things between us."

"This mission isn't a confidence boaster, Water," Void snapped. "We need it to succeed. If we need Air to communicate he uses his powers to make us something before. He can still feed energy after he is stunned."

"Only for a little," Kevin butted in. "Once he is stunned he will be able to hole communications, for an estimated amount of a minute. After that, we're dark."

"Kirstie, you know I'm useless. I've already said I'd do it. I'll keep communications up as long as possible. Before they go down, I'll send a message through letting you know that it's gone. Then that's all I can help you." Scott breathed out deeply. "Now the real question is, when do we do it?"

"Now," Void stated, his eyes ablaze.