Epilogue

It was funny how it took death to repair what was broken. It was funny how broken glass could make something whole once more. 

Dark mist had poured from the vile, tendrils of smoke plunged itself into Void's body, fighting for control. It was a painful process, but the pain made everything whole once more, and the essence of Mitch was returned to the body. It would take some getting used to, sharing once more. And maybe, they would combine, to created one being. But things like that took time, but neither Mitch nor Void were worried. All that mattered was that they were together once more.

As for Avi. Avi was gone. The Avi they knew and loved had been slain, and they knew that they would never see him again. But they also knew that elementals could not be killed. 

Instead of emptiness where Avi used to be, there was a pull, a longing. And so the young elementals realized one thing. Avi may be gone, but Fire was not, and it was their job to find them. It was their job to teach them to use their gift, and it was their job to protect the new elemental. It was their job to show the world that they weren't monsters.

And so with heavy hearts, the elementals stood together, and with one last glance at the burning wreckage behind them, turned to follow the longing feeling. Turned towards new hope. Turned towards Fire. 

Thanks for sticking with me, everyone and thanks so much for reading!

~Jo