Chapter 2

*Journal Page*

I'll never forget the pain I felt today; when Liam walked in holding Lizzie's hand. I was angry with myself for not letting her know how I felt about her. I was torn apart inside, knowing I'd just lost something so incredibly special. The hope...the hope of what Lizzie and I could be.

************

Harry can see the tears brim his friend's eyes. He looks away before his own surface.

*Journal Page*

Today Lizzie left with Caroline for Paris. I could see that Liam genuinely loves her. He's like a brother to me, so I've never been angry with him for being with her. It's all my fault. She can't possibly know how I feel if I've never told her. I keep hoping that somehow it will be easier for me, seeing how much Liam loves her. So far...the pain still runs deep.

************

Harry brings a fresh cup of tea to Alice. She takes Harry's hand, squeezing it for a moment while she reaches for the next page. She had no idea how he felt about this girl.

*Journal Page*

Last night I had the hotel room next to Lizzie and Liam's. I hung out in Niall's room for awhile, then listened to music loudly through my headphones the rest of the night. It's bad enough that I know they share a hotel room now and it's bad enough that I know what they are doing in there; I don't need to hear it as well. I insisted to the hotel coordinator that I never have a room near theirs again.

************

"I don't know what to say, Harry. That's brutal."

Harry looks down. "There is nothing you can say. It's a shit situation."

*Journal Page*

Today was Lizzie's birthday. I stopped by her hotel room in the afternoon. There was no answer, so I asked Caroline if she knew where she was. Apparently Liam took her away for the night.