There's Someone Else

Leaving the place I was born was really tough, I mean how could I ignore all those memories of my life and come here.
We had to do this because of dad ...
An apathetic and faraway island, which is always, hazy, dark and maybe frozen. I feel the sadness all over here and sometimes I can hear the whimper of somebody.
The sun is not found here. Maybe she doesn't like here just like me.
I don't know if it's winter, summer or spring. It feels like a new brand season which is surrounded here.
Great jungles, so far away, dry and dark... so dreadful.
Houses, all so old and rusty. People work really hard, they don't even care about all those things that I just said about the island. Do they know they could've had a better life out of this hell? Or maybe they were too busy to know, they've kind of got used to the darkness. Or maybe... they had no choice.

But... what about me? How could I get used to it? How could I handle? I just know nothing...
In the house everything was messy, I mean, we just got there so we need to clean and do lots of things to get ready for a new living. Our house wasn't so big but that was just enough for dad and I .
I could be okay with all of these but the only problem that I couldn't handle was the big distance of home and school, god that was so far away. The road was long , scary and exhausting. But what the hell could I do?
Well, tonight is the first night I'm sleeping in my new bedroom. The moonlight brightens upon my room. I could see the full moon right from my window. So gorgeous!
I couldn't sleep, I tried to go out, so I took out garbages as an excuse for going out.
Wind was blowing, it sounded like a whimper... there was no light but the full moon. I turned around, I found another light, that came from our neighbor's house. I was still looking at their house, soon a young man came out of the house he was worried, angry... he was full of strange emotions. He slammed the door, that sound broke the silence of the area. He was unaware of me, Ran to a car nearby and drove away. I could see the dusts all over ... the moonlight was brightening them up.
Soon a woman came out of house, she was worried too, but I don't think she was angry. "come back please! I didn't mean that...please...!" shouted the woman. She looked around, noticed me and came closer..
I put the garbage down near the street and decided to walk home.
"hey, you just saw everything?" said the woman to me.
"uhhh, what do you mean everything? I was just ... walking .. wanted to throw the garbage away, I saw a guy he just drove, and just that" I said while I was so nervous.
"oh, sorry. That was my son, we had an argument as always, anyway, good night" she left.
She looked so strange. That wasn't on my business so i walked away to my room.
The next day, was a school day. Right! I needed to walk back that crazy, scary road home. I mean that wasn't really as bad as I thought. I was alone but I've got a real great opportunity to talk to myself.
But that day, I wasn't feeling so alone. I had a feeling that somebody was chasing me. My heart beat got faster as I walked faster too. The footsteps squelched through the mud, oh didn't I just pass the land which was full of that? so, made sure there's someone else. I was scared to death. I tried to run, but I don't know why I scooted and fell on the cold ground. My body was shaking from the pain. That was horrible. I shut my eyes.
"can I help you?" I heard a voice... so soft ...
I opened my eyes. The same dark and gloomy sky, but who is this?
He was looking at me. He took my hand and tried to help me, I was almost unable to stand up but I had to. "you okay?" he sat on his knees , took a look at my knees too. " you're bleeding, does it hurt?"
I was looking at him. He sounded very familiar to me.
"uhhh, yeah, .. I mean, no! it's nothing" I said anxiously.
"you sure?" he asked.
"yeah, thank you" I said .
"is it the way to your house?" he asked
"it is, we live near the sea" I said.
"let's go together, we live there too" he smiled.
I limped quit badly next to him. But wondering where did I see him. "my name is Jake, may I know your name too? He asked.
"awh, sure... I'm Kim, very nice to meet you Jake." I said while I looked down so nervously
"do I scare you, Kim?" Jake asked, and smiled.
I held my head up "what?? Nooo. Why would you ?"
He was right, I was scared a little.
"but you look like you're scared..of something or.. I don't know" he said.
We were getting closer to home.
"this is our house" I said while pointing at the house.
He looked at the house of our neighborhood and said: "and this one is ours, we're neighbors!"
Oh God! That was the same guy I saw last night. How come I didn't remember. So weird.
"oh yeah? So that was you, last night..." I said.
"what do you mean last night?" he said it confusingly .
"ah, no, it's nothing, forget it. See you!" I turned back and walked home.
Why did I say that? I rolled my eyes , the door was wide open.
"dad?" I took another step "are you home?"
Seemed like nobody's home. "dad ? are you here?"
I opened his room's door. God, couldn't believe what I was seeing there ....