Rumors

Chapter 02
I've never experienced something like this before, I was shocked ... dad lying on the ground Unconsciously. I didn't know what could I do. I went down the stairs and opened the door .
"Jake are you still there?" I asked him for help very Imploringly.
Soon, Jake and Carmen came out of house, they ran to me ...
"what has happened honey?, why do you look so pale?" "my father, he's unconscious laying over there, I just don't know what has happened to him. I don't know anything" I sobbed out.
"don't worry, we help you" Jake said and ran to the stairs . Carmen and I were walking behind him.
"he's there" I pointed at his room.
Jake entered the room. "oh God" said Carmen while putting her hand on her mouth .
I kept sobbing. Nothing could calm me down.
Jake was trying to call the ambulance .. "perhaps nobody's there, is this possible?" I said with concern. "they're sure there, it's been years since they established a very equipped hospital in the island" Jake said while waiting for someone to pick the phone up.
Minutes later, I heard the sirens, that was kind of a heart-warming to me, but still was worried if it was already late..
Carmen went with my father. That was out of my hands, I didn't know anything , I was lonely and lost.
I sat on the sofa. Jake hadn't left home yet, came closer to me and said:"don't bother, he'll be fine"
"I hope so" I said, looked at the ground.
"he's never been like this before, I'm just worried something bad happens." I said .
"everything will be fine" Jake sat next to me.
Minutes later, Carmen called us and said that dad is fine. I got better a little ... I was afraid I thought I'm gonna lose him.
"you're from the town? He asked
"yeah" I said.
"I guessed so" he put his foot on another one. "it stands out a mile, you don't sound very enthusiastic about here."
"you're right" I sighed, "you know, here's too dark ,cold and, something smells fishy here"
"true, but... I kinda like it here, I like the smell of fish!" he grizzled.
"you do?" I asked, "maybe you've got used to it, but I really don't, i mean this island is just too scary!"
"oh c'mon!" he turned back.. "don't tell me that you believe all those rumors about the island!"
"what rumors?" I stared at him with my wide open eyes. "I don't understand you".
" you don't?" he grizzled. "well, I thought you already knew about that"
"no! just please, tell me more" I said.
"well, they say, this island used to be the Hamoors' island." He crooked his mouth and looked at me.
"what? What is that word? Never heard of that before." I said surprisingly.
Jake looked around, he didn't seem to explain the story. But my curiosity couldn't let that go, so i asked:" won't you a say a word?" "well, they seem like a human, but with some..... differences.." he said softly.
"and what are those?" I asked.
"bellybutton" he said and looked at me .
"bellybutton? I don't get it" I snickered. "they don't have that!" he said.
"but how?" I wondered.
"you haven't heard the most shocking one" he said.
"tell me" I sat firmly on the sofa.
"the scary one is that, they need to eat a little a bit of ear's meat almost once a week. And it must be the human's ear."
That seemed like a crap but I was scared. If it wasn't about here, I would laugh about it but something in the bottom of my heart said that it could be real.
In the middle of my thoughts I heard Jake's laughter. He looked at me and kept laughing.
I looked at him and stared asking questions nervously:"do they still live here? If they do then where? among the other people?"
He stopped laughing and stared at me angrily "do you remember what I said earlier? I said it's NOT real!"
"what if it's real?" I said.
He stood up:"I don't care about bullshit, just think of whatever you want" and he left quickly.
That night, I had the strangest feeling, although I wanted to know more, but I was afraid. a small part of my heart laugh about it. "are you insane?" of course I'm going out of my mind. But why do I feel that it sounds real? What if they still live here? I just wanted to discover them. Should I ask Jake? God, he's so difficult, he doesn't seem to speak about it. So many questions were walking in my head. I bit my pillow and closed my eyes to sleep.
3 am and I woke up with the sound of the door. "is she asleep?" Carmen said with a whisper.
I got up from the bed and ran to the hall. "Hi, ma'am. I'm here" said while I was panting.
"how's my father? Is he okay?"
Carmen smiled kindly and said: Yes. He's fine thankfully, but he needs to be there for a day to make sure he's completely fine."
"I'll go to see him" I said but she stopped me with both her hands on my arms. "he's fine, they said. No need to be worried, hon. I myself wanted to stay more but they didn't let me. Tomorrow I will take you there, okay?" I shook my head to say okay.
"your father told me to protect you while he's not here, but I'm a little too much busy, I'll call Jake to come. Okay?" What? Why him? It's so awkward to be in a same place with a boy and there's nobody but us?! I never had that much experience to be with guys, well.. I believe that guys don't like a girl like me. I hate to say that my ways are just too different to the other girls. So I guess I'm not gonna be a man's favorite.
Carmen was on her phone, her eyes indicated anger and she looked at me for a sec and went to the kitchen in order not to be rude in font of me. I could barely hear her voice but these are her sentences: "what? Again?? Where the hell are you going Jake? I said you have to come back right now!" I don't want you to go to that hellish bar! It's already enough!" -"what are you talking about mom? Why should I protect that girl and we don't even know who the fuck she is? Huh? And yes I'm going to that motherfucking bar again, just leave me alone"
-"Steve told me that you were so drunk that night! Are you going to kill yourself? Okay let's die together. Because your unnormalized ways are just pissing me off ..!!
That was so clear they're having an argument again. I rolled my eyes and firmed my pony tail , God! That mysterious guy is scaring me somehow...
Carmen came out of the kitchen and said: "sorry babe! I'm now going just please wait for Jake to come" and she took her bag from the sofa and smiled while leaving.. "oh! Please be comfortable with him. He looks a little cold but he's a great guy!" she stopped for saying this and left the house.
I started clean up the house a little, took a look a the clock and said: so it would be better if he won't come at all. Like why the fuck he should come ? I'm fine with being alone.
Suddenly the sound of door ruined my thoughts .. I walked slowly to the door, nut the door opened itself. And it creaked while opening.. I saw a shadow of a man. Yes. That's him. But what's with his look in his eyes??!!