28

because nothing is forever, nothing will last. the cold grasps us, dragging us further away from the most important things in our lives. you now have no choice but to stay back and let go.

PARK YEBIN

I now realised my situation. I was stuck between my current love for hongbin, and the sprouting love for ken. I thought I knew what was best for me, but maybe I didn't, and that's what's leaving me in a confused mess. Maybe I'll take some time to reflect and focus on my career rather than love. Besides, he was my first love, and it was love at first sight. First loves don't always have to last, unless the chemistry is amazing. 

I walked up the two flights of steps from my dorm to his dorm. I had to put things right for the two of us, which meant that I'd take a break from relationships. knocking on his door, I braced myself, ready for whatever blow were to hit me.

he understood.

or so I thought he did.

after giving him one last wave, I walked back down the two flights of steps to my dorm. screaming could be heard from his dorm, and the screaming was targeted at ken.

HONGBIN'S POV

'you lost her!'
'and I doubt she's going to come back after taking a 'break'!'

'it's all because of you ken, all because of you.'

I shook my head and walked off.