29

PARK YEBIN

After I told him I'd take a break, all contact was lost. He would not come near me, talk to me or look at me. He even blocked my number on his phone. I didn't realise how serious he was about our relationship.

I happened to run into him at the local cafe near our company. it also happened to be the place where he confessed his love. He exited the cafe, whilst I entered. the only thing he could muster was 'after you', holding the door out for me to enter. I nodded slightly, and made my way in. it was awkward enough running into him, but it was even more awkward running into him at our local cafe, where most of the staff knew us as a couple. 

I scanned the menu boards attempting to make a  decision, different to my usual. I guess I wanted a fresh start. Reaching for my purse in my ripped jeans pocket, I realised I was missing something.

I had forgotten my purse.

I frantically searched myself from head to toe, in hopes of finding any sort of cash on me. unfortunately, nothing could be found.

I looked up at the cashier who was tapping his fingers against the counter impatiently. I flashed an awkward smile at him as I continued searching for it.

just as I was about to give up, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

'hold up, I'll be paying for this drink.'

'hongbin?'

I waved my hands frantically explaining that he did not have to buy me a drink.

'it's alright, I can just go back to my dorm and get five dollars, it's not a big deal-'

I was interrupted by the now expanding line growing behind me. I let out a sigh and let him pay.

'I promise you I'll pay you back as soon as I can.'

I collected my drink and headed towards the exit of the cafe.

'heading back to the company now?' he asked.

'yeah, I guess.'

I lied.

after I bid my farewell, I walked in the direction of the company until I was out of sight from hongbin, and made a turn towards the Han river.
-----
a/n: I'm thinking of ending this story in the next chapter, which will mark thirty chapters!! I sincerely thank you all for sticking around with this lame story, which I grew lazy and never bothered updating regularly. once again, thanks for giving this book 3k views so far!