20

this chapter was inspired by MAMAMOO - Piano man.

-------------------
LEE HONGBIN

It had been about an hour since I began practising. I was extremely bored, to the point where I started teaching myself the piano. That's when Leo came in.

"Hyung." I said.

"Seems like you're teaching yourself how to play the piano." he said, walking over to the seat next to me.

I was glad that he came, because I could've died of boredom.

"If I teach you a song, you could probably play it at the depend on me concert. I think you've got talent, Kong." he said.

I was surprised, because usually hyung wouldn't do things like this. It seemed as if he had changed. He started teaching me how to play his duet song, 'Blossom Tears'. Every time he saw me on the verge of giving up, he encouraged me, which was something he wouldn't do. I guess he's changed since debut.

We spent a few hours practising when we heard a knock on the door. It was the CEO. He walked in while I was playing.

"Hongbin...." he said.
"Leo, by any chance did you?"

Leo nodded, and signalled for me to play.

"When did you start?" he asked.

"3 hours ago." I replied.

The CEO seemed impressed.

"If you get this done before the concert, you can play it there." he said.

He gave me a pat on the back and left the room smiling.

Leo looked at me and we both smiled. I knew if I continued learning from Leo, I would be able to make my singing career greater.

I checked the time, and it was 8pm. I told Leo that I was gonna go find Yebin, and come back. I walked towards the door and opened it.

Behind the door, was Yebin.

I smiled.

"How long have you waited there?" I asked.

"10 minutes."

I felt bad leaving her waiting for 10 minutes.

"I like your piano playing." she said.

She came into the room and sat down on a piano chair.

"Can you play?" asked Leo.

She nodded.

She never told me her skills or hobbies, so I was surprised that she could.

PARK YEBIN

He asked me to play.

I looked at hongbin for reassurance. He nodded. I was nervous and kind of hesitant because Leo was my sunbae, but after all, Hongbin was too.

I didn't want to end up embarrassing myself in front of two vixx members, but I played the instrumental to LR beautiful liar.

After I finished, hongbin came up to me and hugged me.

"Let's go for dinner?" he asked.

He got up and took me out of the room. I didn't even get a chance to thank Leo for letting me play.

"Mianhaeyo sunbaenim." I said, and followed hongbin out.

Leo smiled.

We walked towards the cafeteria and took a seat in what happened to be, the exact same spot from the time where N played the prank on him.

"Uh... Oppa this seat-" I said.

"I know." he replied, smiling.
"It was fun."

He pulled his chair closer to the table.

"What sort of qualities would you like in a band?" he asked.

Sometimes, I felt as if he asked the most weirdest questions at the weirdest times. Somehow, I knew this was a serious question, so I put in some thought.

"A band that showcases all of the members skills, and a band that lets us express whatever we want to express." I said.

"So... Like mamamoo." he said, with a wink.

I laughed and nodded. I guess he knew me too well, and knew girl groups too well.