25

song recommendation:
Day6 - Letting Go (놓아 놓아 놓아)

this recommendation has nothing to do with this chapter, but I felt like day6 needed some recognition as they're quite underrated, but really talented.
-------------------------------
LEE HONGBIN

After unpacking our luggages, I decided to take her out for lunch. Being part of VIXX, we had been to Jeju quite often, so I knew the place pretty well. We rented a tandem bicycle to ride around the bicycle paths in Jeju island. The paths stretched around the whole island giving us a good view of the scenery. After riding for about 15 minutes, we arrived at my favourite budaejigae restaurant. It was a small but well known restaurant. The ahjumma running the restaurant knew me well. She greeted the two of us and gave us a seat. In no time, she brought out our meal on a gas stove. The budaejigae was large, even for the smallest size and contained ramen, spam, sausages, cheese and many other things. The only thing that brought me back to Jeju island was the budaejigae. It was around midday when we entered the restaurant, but not many people were around. The ahjumma told me that the restaurant wasn't as popular as it used to be. That really saddened me, as the atmosphere here was extremely welcoming and the food was great. I told her that Yebin and I would each sign a photo for her to stick up on the news board to attract some people to her restaurant. It was the least I could do. Jeju felt like my second home in Korea, first being Seoul.

After finishing our meal, we rode our bikes around the island's coast enjoying the spring breeze and the splash of the surrounding ocean. We stopped our bikes at one side of the coastline and went for a stroll down the beach without our shoes. It was a relaxing feeling, breathing in the fresh clean air of Jeju island and feeling the warm-ish sand between our toes. Not many people knew us in the area we stayed in, so it was like a real private getaway. I sat down on a small rocky area beside the rock pools while yebin found a stick and started writing in the sand.

이 홍빈 + 박예빈 = 영원히.
trans: Lee hongbin + park yebin = forever.

She made sure to write far away from where the water washed up on the beach, and in a secluded corner where it would last longer. I decided to take a picture with her on the beach as I liked photography. I set my camera timer to ten seconds and ran back to where she stood. We made a quick pose and the camera took the picture. I also got a passerby to take a Polaroid picture for the both of us to keep. It would be a token of our love.

--------------
Short chapter today ;3
it took me a while to rack my brain for some ideas for hongbin's POV.
I also spent quite a bit of time dancing to iKON - rhythm Ta.

please vote and share this story !!

-thosekoreanfanfics