26

PARK YEBIN

I walked up the emergency exit stairs in jellyfish, the only way that would lead me towards the rooftop. I was a regular at the rooftop as it was a place where all my worries were washed away. As the wind hit my face, I held onto the railing on the rooftop which reached my waist. The evening sun shone brightly over the building as it began to set, showing an array of colours from yellow to red. I felt as if a scene like this would be perfect for my Instagram page, but I didn't have anyone to take any pictures for me. As I leaned against the railing, I let my hair back and tried to enjoy the moment as much as I could, because in half an hour, I'd be back in the dance studio. The feeling of being 50 metres above the ground made me feel refreshed and free. It made me realise what actors in dramas felt. As I stood there letting time pass, the sun continued to set letting moonlight shine over the streets of Seoul. Before I decided to become a singer, I never imagined the intense daily training routine I had to follow. I realised the importance of freedom and how much we took it for granted. Even managing to spend an hour for free time was difficult. We barely managed to fit in three meals a day, but I guess it's all worth it in the end.

Before I knew it, it was already 8pm and time for my next dance practise. My routine restricted me from seeing hongbin often but I didn't mind as he always left food at the practise room for me and the fellow trainees. The CEO had already planned a debut date for us this year and we had to work hard up until then to prove we were worthy of entering the idol world. Our trainee group consisted of five members including myself, Park Yura, Kwon Minae, Lee Jiwon and Jung Yeonhee. If our dance choreographers had sudden schedules, the replacement teachers would be a member of VIXX. Our lessons became extremely enjoyable as each member entertained us whilst training us. I guess we learnt faster this way.

As the days went by, preparations for our debut were in full swing. The long training hours felt longer than usual and we were all pushed to the limits. We still hadn't come up with a name for our group, and we were to debut on May 16.

----
short and more descriptive chapter from yebin's point of view!

small thanks to iceph03nix for choosing the word count for this chapter.

please vote and share this story!

-author nim.