Ch.35

After the security guards escorted me out of the hospital, I got in my car and drove off. I was ridiculously terrified. I didnt want Rose to die, I wanted her to live. To wake up, to breathe on her own, to smile again, to laugh at my jokes even when they werent funny.

I didnt want to go home, my mom was there and I know she would be pressing with questions that I didnt want to answer.

~~~

I pull into the driveway and just sat in my car. It was dark outside, but still warm. That was Rosalie's favorite part of California, the fact that Southern California is always warm.

I sat there patiently waiting. Not sure how I was going to approach the situation.

I was about to turn my car on and leave, when I see bright pair of headlights pull up next to me.

I step out my car and walk over to the other car.

"What are you doing here?" Her face was pure shock.

"I want to talk."

"Theres no use in talking. I've already made up my mind. Im doing whats best for her, Zayn." She said.

"How could you do this! Your gonna kill her! Thats what your basically doing! Intentionally taking her will to live! What if she wakes up! What if? What if she wakes up and things go back to normal?"

I see tears welling up in her eyes. I knew I hit a nerve. I didnt want to upset her, but I wish she'd think clearly.

"Zayn go home."

"But-"

"Go home!" She gave me a hard glare and began to walk up her front porch steps.

I hadnt lost. I was still going to press until she did the right thing by keeping Rosalie alive.

I turned around and stepped in my car.

"Im pulling the plug on Saturday night, thats two days from now. You can choose to be there or not, but you will not ruin this." She stuck the key in the door and unlocked it. She was already in the house before I could respond.

~~~

(Saturday morning)

I had been plotting these past few days. I hadn't talked to Mrs. Mendez since that night. She needs to realize that this isnt the right thing. She's being selfish, taking Rosalies life away.

I wasnt quite sure what I was going to do yet but when I get there im sure it'll hit me.

~~~

"Thank you Zayn for joining us." Mrs. Mendez said without a smile.

It was just me and her. Where was her husband? I hadnt seen him at all since the accident. What happened?

"Um, wheres Mr. Mendez?" I ask.

"Me and him got a divorce a long time ago. He's remarried, has another kid and could care less about the situation." She looked at her hands.

She clears her throat.

"Okay doctor, Im ready." The doctor nods his head and bends over to unplug her machine.

I just stood there frozen. My body wouldnt react. I thought I had this under control and was going to stop her, but I couldnt move. I tried and tried to at least yell but my mouth wouldn't open. My voice was stuck in my throat.

The doctor pulls the plug and "BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" her heart machine went.

"NO!" after he pulled the plug I felt like something released me and I was able to move again.

I rush to her side and throw myself on top of her.

"NO! NO!" I laid there crying.

My tears dampening her night gown. I was sobbing uncontrollably.

I lay my head on her chest, wishing I could hear her heart beat just one more time.

~~~

It not over my lovelies. xx