Chapter 10: She couldn't skip stones even if she tried

\\Andy POV\\

Fiery. That's the word he'd use to describe their hug.

Yes. A hug. How passionate could a hug be? That was so over dramatic. And though Andy was a supreme drama queen, that was just strange. Nobody felt that way when they hugged.

Was he being overly sensitive because he hadn't had sex in weeks and was craving human company? Or did he actually kind of tolerate Hayley?

He didn't know. His chest didn't usually become so tingly after a hug. His breath didn't start to get faster, as if in anticipation of something. Hugs were innocent. Hugs were a zero on the passion scale. So why did he feel so strange?

He shook his head and stood up, wiping his jeans from sitting on the mossy log. The air was so fresh here, as if begging for him to start anew. And that's exactly what he planned to do.

His serene thoughts were ripped from his mind when he heard grunting. Or rather a man grunting in pain and Hayley snarling. This couldn't be good.

He ran towards the cries of pain and found Hayley... Had tied a man to a tree using the surrounding vine.

"Why are you here?" Hayley barked out.

The man, in a fuzzy unicorn hat and too stoned to care it seemed, just nodded and laughed weakly. Hayley lifted her hand and attacked his stomach with her left hand. Andy's mouth dropped open.

Hayley looked over. "I don't blame you, Ballsack. I'd be surprised if I found a lefty all up in my grill too."

"What?"

"A lefty. Someone who is left handed. Gosh, get with the times!".

Andy simply stared, too stunned to say anything else.

She whacked the man again and asked him the same question. She received the same response. He suddenly looked up and saw him, and breathed out a weak "Andy Bitesize?" Before passing out.

Oh my god. Andy knew who this was. The goofy smile. The nudity. The floppy hair. The stoner attitude. It was his childhood friend Brendon Urie.

•••

"STOP!"

Hayley looked up, puzzled. Andy was sure nobody told her to stop her assaults. Ever. Hell, she was paid to hurt people. Finishing someone off was what she did to pay the rent. He was sure she didn't take too happily to someone telling her what to do.

"This guy walked up to our log cabin. Our supposedly top secret log cabin. And I thought, hey, maybe he doesn't know is he's just drunk and wandering. Then he continually mentioned his buddy "Bitesize" lived here. So I thought, that surely can't be Andy he's talking about right?"

Andy tried to interject. "But-"

Hayley glared at him. "Shhh. That surely can't be Andy. He isn't that stupid. He is so daft that he would give up our location!"

Hayley had finished in a frustrated scream and threw Brendon's floppy unicorn hat to the ground. He could see that she had been pushed over the edge. He untied Brendon, dragged him through the cabin across the smooth wood and lay him gently on the couch before going to search for his assassin.

He couldn't deny it. He needed her. If she abandoned ship right now, he'd be royally screwed. On so many levels.

He wouldn't have protection.

He wouldn't have information.

He wouldn't have, well, company. He might go insane if he had to go through this by himself. Alone in a log cabin? That was a horror movie waiting to happen. He did not want to be the next big newspaper headline. No way.