Chapter 12: Assassin vs. Assassin

// Andy POV //

He saw that look in Hayley's eyes before she pushed the knife into the assailants chest. Before she broke her neck. Before she viciously punched and kicked for her life.

He knew she was determined to kill.

He didn't blame her. A million thoughts were running through Andy's head. He knew she had to do it. He'd be dead on the ground, bleeding out with lifeless eyes if she hadn't done it. And here he was. Alive.

Thanks to Hayley. She was draped over top of this woman's frame, breathing hard, sweating through her clothing. She was unmoving, save the breathing movement in her stomach. There were tears in her eyes.

Her face, hands, arms and legs were bleeding but it didn't look too brutal.

Andy's hand shook when he remembered what he was holding: Hayley's severed finger. It was a small loss, compared to what their opponent had lost, however it seemed as though it was a big deal to Hayley. Just like it would be for anyone else.

Andy made a small whimpering sound and dropped the bloody finger to the grass at his feet. He felt the hot wet tears drip from his eyes as he realized the full reality of the situation. They had killed somebody. It doesn't matter that she was trying to kill them. They murdered her. Murder.

Andy was a murderer.

Andy choked and whimpered, dropping to his knees on the ground. Hayley was breathing deeply, not speaking.

She slowly rose from the dead body, still warm underneath her and she rolled it over so the eyes were facing away from Andy. Thank god. Andy didn't know if he would be able to take that.

Hayley walked over to him. She looked beaten. It looked as if the light had been taken from her eyes. Like she was a sad robot, doomed with reality.

She took a deep breath as she looked at Andy, crouched on the floor and paralyzed with fear and confusion. It was then Andy was sure she knew she needed to be strong for him.

She put on her brave face and it was then that Andy knew he would forever remember Hayley's bravery. No matter what happened after this. She was the bravest person he knew.

Hayley lifted his chin and turned his face toward her. She spoke gently, softly as if she was speaking to a baby animal. "Everything will be alright, Andy; I promise"

Andy simply shook his head in disagreement.

Hayley disregarded it. "Listen to me carefully. Do everything that I'm about to tell you. It's really important."

"First; give me a hug; you need it" she reached out gently and caressed his skin, binding it to hers. She softly reassured him, though she didn't know if it truly would be okay. He shook with confusion and emotion, his fingers gripping her skin like a vice. As if she were a lifeline.

"Now you need to listen carefully," she spoke softly, pulling apart from their hug, yet leaving their hands entwined. ", take this delicious pastry and make your way West to a bridge called 'Rhineman Bridge'. There, wait for my friend Josh to pick you up. Tell him your name is Timothy. Now go. Now ballsack"

Andy looked up at her. He was holding his breath. He couldn't bear the thought of making it on his own. He had to, though he wasn't used to it at all. He already missed her and her insulting yet charming humour.

"Hayley; thank you. For everything that you've done for me" Andy choked out, tears falling slowly from his eyes.

"Shh... It's okay"

Andy drew in a deep breath and grabbed her hair in his hand. He pulled her head towards him, her lips to his. "I love you Hayley". Their kiss was laced with sadness and unknown feelings of the future, but it was still a kiss. Andy was desperate to feel close to her right now. He felt like a child, desperate for comfort.