Chapter 6

Ashlynn's POV

On the drive to the restaurant, I finally figured out where we were going. It was my favorite place to eat, Maggiano's.

Maggiano's is an Italian place a good 45 minutes from the school, so the drive wasn't that awkward.

"Ashlynn, I-I just wanted t-to say that y-you look absolutely...s-stunning tonight," Patrick stuttered. I blushed like crazy.

"You don't look too bad yourself 'Trick," I said with a playful smile. I sat down for a minute, then I gained enough confidence to do something I never thought I'd do. I literally only grabbed Patrick's free hand, and then I kissed his cheek. His dark red blush made me laugh so hard I snorted. After hearing me snort, Patrick laughed just as hard as I had.

"We're....s-such....dorks," Patrick said in between laughs.

"Yeah we are, aren't we?" I ask while laughing.

"I guess so," Patrick says while giggling...GIGGLING. oH mY GosH it is literally the cutest thing ever. I can't get over how adorable he is.

Patrick's POV

Holy smokes. I just giggled in front of her. NO ONE can make me giggle.

We pull up to her favorite restaurant, Maggiano's. The price actually isn't that bad. Yes, I looked it up online.

I get out of the car and go to Ashlynn's side and open her door. I put my hand out as a gesture and she gladly accepts it. We walk hand in hand up to the doors.

"Name?" the door person asked (a/n~i honestly don't know what they're called don't judge).

"Stumph." I said with confidence. I wanted to look good in front of Ashlynn.

A waitress grabbed two menus and silverware packets and led us to our table.

When Ashlynn and I were walking to our table, we held hands just like the walk to the door.

We got to our table and the waitress put her arm out to her side and smiled at us. I pulled out Ashlynn's chair for her, making her blush a light pink. I love making her blush.

I got into my own chair when the waitress came back and asked what we would like to drink.

"I'll have a water and my girlfriend will have a...." I trailed off, not knowing what Ashlynn wanted.

"A water please," she finished for me. The waitress wrote down our orders and took out a card which had her name on it. 'Kathryn'.

"Okay," Kathryn said with a annoyed face, "if you need anything, just call for me." She looked directly at me while saying that, completely ignoring Ashlynn. That pissed me off, but I was trying to be a gentleman tonight, so I didn't say anything.

"So...um...how's the um...temperature in here?" Ashlynn said while trying not to crack a smile.

"Y'know, I actually think it's kind of hot. Wait, that's just my girlfriend." I said back casually. Her mouth dropped. I guess she didn't expect me to say that.

"Patrick!" Ashlynn whisper yelled.

"What?" I said with my hands up defensively. "It's true." I started giggling again. Dammit.

Kathryn finally came back with our drinks and set them down on the table.

"Are we ready to order now?" she asked us.

"I think so," I said while looking at Ashlynn, who nodded back at me.

"Ladies first," I said to her while smiling.

"I'll have the spaghetti, please." Ashlynn said politely.

"Okay, and what about you sir?" Kathryn asked me.

"I'll have the chicken parmesan pasta, please." I told her. I took mine and Ashlynn's menus and handed them to Kathryn.

"Your food should be out shortly," Kathryn said, smiling at me, and ignoring Ashlynn yet again. I guess my anger was visible because as soon as Kathryn walked away, Ashlynn said, "Patrick, what was that all about?"

"She's ignoring you. That's all." I said between clenched teeth.

Ashlynn's POV

He cares about me. Patrick actually cares about me. He was angry about some stranger ignoring me? Well, I honestly can't say Patrick has been the only pissed off person this evening.
That waitress keeps making eyes at Patrick and like I said, it's really pissing me off.
Me and Patrick talk for a few minutes, just about school and our grades when our food gets here.
Patrick gets his Chicken Parmesan but when Kathryn goes to sit my Spaghetti down, she 'accidentally' drops it down the front of my dress.
"Oops," she said while snickering, "I think you have something on your dress, hon." I looked at Patrick, whose face was full of so much anger, I didn't know if he was capable of holding any longer.
"Listen," he yelled drawing attention to our table, "I've had enough of your little games and I'm done. You do not treat my girlfriend like a piece of shit. Do you hear me?!"
"Patrick-" I started before he cut me off again.
"And do not expect me to pay the bill tonight, or give you any money. Don't expect me or my girlfriend to come back here again either!"
"Patrick, we should really go. Now," I said between clenched teeth.
"You're right, Ashlynn. We should," Patrick said, still angry as hell.
~~~~
The drive back to the house was quiet except for the radio playing quietly. What In the World by David Bowie was playing, so I sang along.

You're just a little girl with grey eyes
Never mind, say something
Wait until the crowd cries
Oh, wait until the crowd cries
You're just a little girl with grey eyes

So deep in your room,
You never leave your room
Something deep inside of me
Yearning deep inside of me
Talking through the gloom
What in the world can you do
I'm in the mood for your love
For your love
For your love

I'm just a little bit afraid of you
Cause love won't make you cry
But, wait
until the crowd goes
Oh, wait
until the crowd goes
I'm just a little bit afraid of you

So deep in your room,
You never leave your room
Something deep inside of me
Yearning deep inside of me
Talking through the gloom
What in the world can I do
I'm in the mood for your love
For your love
For your love

Oh, what you gonna say?
Oh, what you gonna do?
Ah, what you gonna be?
To the real me
to the real me

"Why aren't you famous already Ashlynn," Patrick asked with a grin.
"Because my voice is one shitty instrument, Stumph." I replied while blushing.
~~~~~
Patrick dropped me off at my house then left. But not before kissing me.
I was hesitant, because it was my first kiss.
"Ashlynn, I am so sorry about what happened tonight. I don't know if she was jealous or-"
"Patrick, it's okay. I promise." I said, cutting him off. We stared at each other for a few minutes. The dim street lights reflected in his bright blue green eyes. Patrick's eyes flickered down to my lips for half a second, then back into my eyes. I looked down at his lips also, becoming nervous. Patrick slowly leaned in, every second feeling like and eternity.
Finally, the space between us closed. His lips were the softest things in existence, and I didn't want this to end. Patrick wrapped his arms around the bottom of my waist, pulling me closer to him.
After a few more seconds, he pulled away, out of breath. We were both smiling though.
"I'll see you tomorrow Ashlynn," Patrick said with a light pink blush dusted across his cheeks.
"See you later, Stumph," I said with a dark red blush across mine. Patrick kissed me again, sending sparks through my stomach, then pulled away and got in his truck.
"I love youuuu!" he yelled before pulling away.
"I love you too, Patrick," I said while walking up the steps to my house, then all hell broke loose.

~~~~
what's up peoples🤘🏼 this was a really bad chapter, haha. I have some really sad news though...I'm gonna be moving so I won't be updating as much (what am I talking about I don't update that much anyways) but yeah, just incase I don't get to update
stay cool Youngbloods🤘🏼
~brianna