Chapter 12

Ashynn's POV

I had woken up about an hour ago, pain shooting through my body. After managing to get up, I limped into my bathroom to the sink. I had a black eye and bruises up my arms. "Looks like mom didn't only kick my sides." I thought while digging under the sink for something. 

"Tampons....shampoo.....oh. Here it is." I said while pulling out an old wooden box. I opened it to see every razor I've ever used. They were all covered with flakes of dried blood. "Don't do this Ashlynn. You're stronger than this." I mumbled while staring into the box. I picked one up and spun it in between my fingers, taking in every angle. I put the razor to my wrist, not even thinking.

~~~~~

"One more. C'mon you little wimpy bitch. Just one more." my brain told me while I was dragging the blade through my skin like butter. I lost count after 15. Blood was everywhere.

I dropped the razor, and for the second time today, everything went black.

Patrick's POV

I parked on the side of the road Ashlynn's house was on and jumped out of my truck. I don't know how the paramedics found out about this but I'm glad they did. 

I rushed inside and up to Ashlynn's room, shoving everyone out the way. I saw the paramedics putting Ashlynn on a stretcher. She looked terrible, but still beautiful. Her long chestnut hair was hanging passed the stretcher, but she had bruises all up and down her arms and legs, underneath the cuts. They were long and jagged, across her thighs and wrists. I started crying and rushed to her side. 

"Ashlynn. Ashlynn please don't die on me. I need you, badly. I can't go through life without you. I love you so much Sunshine. Please don't go." My words rushed out of my mouth between sobs. The paramedics took the stretcher downstairs and there was a policeman putting her mom in handcuffs. I rushed over there in rage.

"You BITCH. How could you do that to Ashlynn?! She's the best girl on this entire world, and you almost killed her!" I yelled in fury. She just smirked and laughed at me as the policeman dragged her away. She. Was. Evil. 

I rode with Ashlynn in the back of the ambulance, holding her cold, white hand. She was still breathing, but it wasn't often. I was still crying like a baby. There was dried blood on her now, and some blood was still seeping through the cuts. 

"We'll get through this Sunshine. I promise. When you get better, we'll get our own house and get away from everyone. I'll make sure no one ever hurts you again. I love you Ashlynn."