Chapter 14

Ashlynn's POV
I hear faint yelling. My eyelids don't feel as heavy anymore either. I slowly open them to see a blinding white light above me, but it fades quickly. I look over to my left to see Patrick yelling at...who is that?
"Patrick?" I ask with a small voice. He slowly turns around, his beet red face quickly turning back to its normal color, and his eyes filling with tears.
"You're awake. Holy smokes, Ashlynn, you awake!" He says quickly. I laugh at his reaction, wondering how long I was asleep for. That doesn't matter right now though, because Patrick's here.
He bends down and if o was standing up, he would've tackled me with the force of his hug.
"Dear God Patrick," I giggled. As soon as I said that, he released me. He looked me in the eyes and I suddenly felt bad. He looked so tired and stressed that I couldn't help but think it was all my fault.
"Babe?" I asked him, making his ears turn red. "How long was I asleep for?"
"3 days," he answered instantly.

Patrick's POV
"3 days," I told her, my voice cracking as I said it. It hit me hard, not being able got talk to her for 3 whole days. I know, I know, it sounds stupid, not talking to someone for three days because some kids have to deal with parents in the army, but me and Ashlynn, we're different than them.
"Patrick!" Ashlynn yelled. I guess I zoned out.
"Sorry," I said while blushing.
"You're too quick to apologize Mr. Stumph," Ashlynn said with a smirk.
~~~~~
hello people. it is I, your author who hasn't updated in three weeks as of yesterday. I've just been....busy with a lot of....things. I'm still not able to swim because of my foot though, so there goes the rest of my summer.
~brianna✌🏼️