Chapter 16

Patrick's POV

Today's the day. Today is the day I'm proposing to my girlfriend of 3 years. Today is the day I'm proposing to Ashlynn.

I've already got everything planned out. I'll drive her to where we had our first date, we'll eat dinner, and walk to the park up the street. I'll propose to her underneath the cherry blossom trees.

Let's just hope nothing goes wrong.

Ashlynn's POV

I was at work putting up some records when I get a text from Patrick.

Love of My Life 💞: let's go eat at the pizza parlor on Main Street, the one by the park, after you get off work okay? It's that's alright with you. 💓😘
Me: yeah that's fine ❤️ I'll be there in about an hour. I'll have to go home and change out of my work attire first 💓😘
Love of My Life 💞: take as much time as you need Princess 💚 I'll be there already :)
Me: okay 💞 I'm on my way to the house right now :) see you soon babe ❤️😘 I love you
Love of My Life 💞: i love you more 💓
Me: let's not have this argument today 😂💓 see you later

With that I put my phone back in my pocket, finished putting up the records, and was on my way to the house.

~le time skip~

I took my work clothes off and put on some black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, Patrick's maroon cardigan, and some white converses. I put on some light makeup and curled my hair some. After looking in the mirror, I was pleased with my appearance. I got in my car and drove to the pizza parlor.

Patrick's POV

I was wearing what I usually do. Some skinny jeans, black combat boots, my fedora, and a button up shirt. It was teal to purple and I actually liked it on me.

I sat in the booth for about 10 minutes just playing on my phone when my beautiful girlfriend walked in. She looked wonderful.

She looked around for a minute before she found me, and when she did a smile found its way to her face. 

She walked towards me and my palms started sweating.

"Hey babe," Ashlynn said with a grin on her face.
"Hey Princess," I said when I finally regained the ability to talk again. I don't know why I was acting like this. I see her everyday, but something was different about her. She's still my beautiful Ashlynn though. Maybe it was just my nerves.

We ordered and talked about how our day went. It wasn't long before our pizza came out. Nothing much was said after that due to the fact we were stuffing our faces.

I paid and we walked to the park hand in hand and sat on the double swing under the cherry blossom tree. Sudden nostalgia hit me as I remembered when I gave Ashlynn the promise ring. I looked down at her hand and saw it. "She actually kept it. She actually kept the ring." I thought to myself.

"Patrick, what's wrong? You seem...off tonight," Ashlynn asked seriously. She never uses my name unless it's important. Instead of answering, I grabbed both of her hands and got up, Ashlynn getting up as well. I got down on one knee and smiled at her.

"Babe, what's-" Ashlynn started. My smile grew as I pulled out the black velvet box. Ashlynn's eyes grew wide as she saw what was in the box.

"Ashlynn Marie Joy, I knew there was something about you when I laid my eyes on you that first day of senior year. I couldn't stop thinking about you. When you said yes when I asked you to be mine, I was the happiest man in the world. These past three years have been the best out of my 21 years on this earth. There's not a moment where I'm not happy with you. I love you, so much Princess, and I have one question for you. Do you know the muffin man?" I asked with a smirk, my eyes watering. Ashlynn's were too as she laughed. "I'm just kidding Sweetheart. The question is, will you, Ashlynn Marie Joy, marry me?" I asked.

"Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. A thousand times yes." Ashlynn said. I got up and kissed her. The kiss was full of passion, love, and simply happiness.

I was indeed the happiest man in the world, because I was going to spend the rest of my life with the person I care about most, Ashlynn.

~~~~
Crying bc of my own chapter rn. Also... THANK YOU FOR 500 READS I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH -brianna
💓💓💓