Chapter 18

Ashlynn's POV

"He's just gonna leave you. He just wanted a sex toy, nothing more. He doesn't care about you." the "evil" voice in my head was saying to me.
"But why would he marry you? Why would he move in with you? Why would he have a child with you?! If he didn't love you? He loves you Ashlynn." the "good" voice in my head was saying.

Don't you just love 2 am thoughts?

I got up as quietly as possible, trying not to wake Patrick with him being a light sleeper. He's so cute. He quiet snores, the expressions he makes when he's dreaming, his messed up hair, just...him in general. I sighed and walked into the kitchen of our new home. There were still a few boxes here and there but it was coming together nicely. Declan was 1 now, almost two. The guys released a new album, American Beauty/American Psycho, a couple years ago. Oh how time flies.

After I finished my glass of water I walked to Declan's room to see him passed out. "I'm gonna give you a better life than I had, Decky," I whispered while running my fingers over the old scars on my arm. I don't want to be mean to him, treat him like garbage, wish death upon him like my mom did. I'm gonna be more like my dad, caring, easy to talk to. He was a nice guy.

Flashback

"Honey Bear, daddy's very sick. I don't know if it'll get better.

"Daddy," I said with tears streaming down my five year old face, "I love you too." I broke out into full sobs.

The three of us were sitting in the dull, small hospital room when the line went flat.

Beeeeeep.

End of Flashback

I walked back into mine and Patrick's room and got under the black duvet covers. He snuggled me instantly, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and facing me.

"My wife is beautiful. Ashlynn is my wife. I love her lots." He said with a grin on his face. I laughed at him, thinking about the fact he dreams about me. I can't say anything though, I still dream about Patrick too.

Patrick's POV

When I woke up, I felt like I was in a movie. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, I had a beautiful women laying next to me, and our son was across the hall. I love this life.

And to think, I didn't know if I was gonna live past 20 with the shit that was going on in my life, but Ashlynn helped. Now we're married, we have our own house, a dog, and a wonderful playful son.

I look over at Ashlynn to see her passed out. It still gives me butterflies in my stomach when I see her. She looks like she was carved by the greek gods, (a/n I really love liza koshy okay?), which makes her a goddess? I don't know, but she's a goddess to me.

A just keep staring. It's not considered weird anymore since we're married. She wakes up about five minutes later and smiles at me. She's too beautiful for words.

"Good morning Princess," I tell her while kissing her head.

"Good morning, my prince," she replied while wrapping her arms around me.

I wouldn't trade this life for the world.