Chapter 2

Maya's PoV

As usual I went to the Mathews' apartment to pick up Riley on the way to school. Topanga offered me breakfast as soon as I walked through the door, I was tempted but my mom was going into work later today so she had time to get me some cereal, it was nowhere near as nice as Topanga's pancakes though.

After Riley had finished her breakfast we walked down to the subway, she was acting really unusual, weirder than her normal goofy self so I decided to ask if she was okay.

M- "you feeling okay, you seem a bit different today"

R- "I'm just enjoying life, looking at the posotives, never the negatives."

Walking into history a cold chill ran down my back, Lucas would stop staring at me I could feel it. I didn't want to look at him, I knew he was going through a rough time with our friendship group, I didn't want to make it any worse. Farkle and Riley kept exchanging glances then looking at Lucas and I.

Lucas' PoV

What was she thinking. I tried to make eye contact but it seemed like she was the only one not staring at me. I blame Zay for coming to this school and ruining my chances of changing for the better.

L- "Maya, wait up!"

M- "Hey huckleberry"

I could tell she was trying to do her awful Texas accent that somehow I had grew quite fond of

L- "You mind if I hang around with you today?"

I tried not to sound too desperate but she looked at me quite confused, we never really sat just us together at lunch, it was always the group.

M- "Sure but wouldn't you rather be with the ray of sunshine or the genius?"

L- "Well I was just going to ask you, do they seem a bit odd to you, I mean they haven't said a word to me all day"

M- "Is ranger Rick feeling abandoned, because we wouldn't want that, come on let's have lunch. Riley went off with Farkle anyway, sloppy joe or chicken pot pie"

Of course I went for sloppy joe.