Chapter 16

Lucas's POV

L- "That's stupid. No way! I won't run away with you"

M- "Why not!  I thought you'd do anything for me"

L- "I would, but this is too much I just can't, I can't get suspended from another school"

M- "But you said you loved me"

L- "Thats not going to work on me. I do, but I have to care about myself as well, don't you love me?"

M- "I never said I didn't, why would you say that"

I was shocked when Maya said we should run away, who wouldn't be?  I knew she was going through a tough time but running away from her problems wouldn't solve them. It wasn't like she didn't have any friend either, she had me and most of the school liked her, I didn't see her problem.

I had to keep calm though since she was in floods of tears, she wouldn't be making good decisions right now so I had to be the grown up one and tell her my opinions. Of course that lead to more arguing and after a while she started to walk away.

Maya's POV

I couldn't believe he didn't love me like he said he did, but at this point I didn't care. If he wasn't going to run away with me, I'd run away on my own.

L- "Maya stop right now"

M- "No you can't stop me, your not my boyfriend anymore"

L- "What! Your being ridiculous, just calm down"

M- "No. Goodbye Lucas,I'm getting away from this place"

With that I ran as fast as I could, leaving Lucas in shock. I didn't know where I was going or for how long, but I felt the best I had in ages.