Chapter 4

Maya's PoV.

Riley and I had barely talked for over a week now and she was getting the subway with Charlie at the moment, so I got the subway to near Lucas' house and walked to school from there with him.

M- "Morning, Ranger Rick"

L- "Good morning, ma'am"

He mimed tipping his hap like he always did.  I missed walking with Riley and the way we would always link arms, so I looped my arm through his, barely realising what I had just done. What had I just done?

Lucas' PoV

What had she just done?  I wasn't going to move away. I liked being this close to her, it was weird at first but I could easily get used to it. We walked to school, talking as usual.

We passed Riley as we got to school, I didn't want to look at her. I thought we had something special, but maybe we weren't so similar. She was so quick to judge when Zay told everyone that I was expelled, Maya never judged me like that.

It was art after lunch, I tried to look exited for Maya but she knew that this was probably my least favourite subject. We were being shown how to at shading to our work to make it come 'alive'. We were then asked to draw an apple showing the light and shadows. Mine could have been drawn by a four year old and it wouldn't have been much better, but Maya's, it was amazing!

Maya's PoV

I glanced over at Lucas's work and couldn't help but feel sorry for him. When class finished we went back to his apartment, I didnt really care about the art work, it wa the day thatCathy baked her brownies so I wasn't going to miss out.

M- "Home sweet home"

C- "Maya your here! I made brownies"

Lucas' mom was the best! She gave me food and was always so comforting, I wish my home life was better, my mom tried but she wasn't home enough for me to get to know her. She had never met Lucas or his mom but I'm she'd love them, just like I do. Wait I don't love Lucas do I? I mean we're really good friends and all but- oh crap, I like Lucas.