Chapter 9

Maya's PoV

The next day Lucas and I took the subway together as usual, but this time I saw Riley and Farkle sitting down on the other side of the train. I looked away in case they saw me, I missed our friendship being the core four and Zay, things weren't the same without them. But it's not like we left them, they just set us free, like birds, and ignored us ever since.

We eventually got to school so I made my way to my locker, Riley walked right up to me, what did she want? She simply just opened her locker, I forgot our lockers were still next to each other. After she was got her books she closer her locker and looked at me straight in the eyes.

R- "Maya, what happened to us?"

M- "Oh, you're talking to me now"

R-"What do you mean, we're best friends?"

M- "Um I don't think so, Lucas is my best friend, have you been stuck in Riley Town for the past few weeks?"

R-"No, it's just Farkle have been getting to know each other and why Lucas? He's got anger issues, he'll probably hit you one day"

M-"Wow, you've changed so much. Bye Riley"

I left, horrified at what she had just said, Lucas was her ex whatever their relationship was, you don't just say that about someone you once cared so much about. I know he may have ruined her imagery a perfect Prince Charming sweeping her off her feet, but it was a good reality check for her. Something was wrong,she couldn't have changed that easily without something going on in her life.

Lucas's PoV

Maya ran up to me after 1st period, this was unusual, Maya never ran or did any exercise if it wasn't important.

M- "Lucas, I think Riley needs help"

L- "Riley? Why would we help her? She was nothing but mean to all of us"

M- "Exactly, why would she be mean if something wasn't wrong? Our little ray of sunshine would never normally harm a fly, never mind destroy a friendship as strong as all of ours"

L-"I see what you mean, have you talked to her recently?

M-"We had a short conversation at the lockers before, it didn't go very well but that's what got me thinking about if something was wrong with her"

L-"Maybe we should ask Zay to talk to her, he is still speaking to her"

M- "Good idea we can ask him later"

We walked off the next class preparing what we'd ask Zay to say to her.