Chapter 14

Lucas's POV

The next day Maya and I walked to school and together hand in hand. It didn't really feel any different from any other day but of course I was much happier. How couldn't I be with Maya as my girlfriend?  It was still weird for me to say that, that she was my girlfriend, but I liked it very much.

I saw Zay walking down the halls with a few of the guys who were in the football team, he must've made friends. He glanced over at Maya and I and gave a small smile but it looked like he was looking at Maya more than me. I brushed off that thought and walked to class still holding onto Maya.

Maya's POV

Zay gave me an unusual look when he passed Lucas and I. He must have been shocked that we were finally going out after me rejecting him a few months ago. Together we walked to history, this was the only class I had with all the old squad. Riley looked at me in horror, Farkle looked at me as if I'd just killed someone, I mean dating someone really isn't that big of a deal is it? 

They kept staring at me then at Lucas when we were sat in our seats, Cory was running late to class so we were just left to talk between our selves. After a while of staring I got fed up of our old friends so turned around to grab Lucas's shirt and place a kiss on his lips, they wouldn't like it but maybe it would help Riley to move on. Even though we might not be friends anymore that doesn't mean I couldn't see right through Riley. I could see that she loved Farkle she just didn't know it yet.

Darby- "Oh my God, Lucaya kissed"

Sarah- "I told you, they are like FIRE. I ship them so much"

Riley-"They're not dating, why would they?"

I kissed Lucas again just as Cory walked in. He didn't look impressed, he looked as if he'd seen a ghost.

Cory- "No boys! Especially not the boy who broke Riley's heart"

Lucas- "I give up!"

Maya- "You can't say what I can't do"

Cory- "But you're like a second daughter to me"

Maya-"Not anymore"

With that I took Lucas's hand and walked out of the classroom and out of the school. I was just tired of everyone. I didn't want to be told what I could and could not do.