Chapter 17

Lucas POV.

Maya had really gone. I thought she'd disappear for a day or two maybe, but it had been longer than a week. No one had heard from her since the day she left.

School was horrible without Maya, she was the only one who was always there for me, I decided to hang out with the football team as I knew them pretty well. But being with the footballers was building me a reputation, lots of girls smiled at me in the halls, some walked up to me and just started flirting, but in my mind Maya and I were still together, I refused to talk to any other girls.

To my surprise Riley walked up to me at lunch with a face full of worry.

R- "Is she alright, please tell me she's ok"

L- "I don't know, and why should I tell you anyway"

R- "I want to know if my best friend is ok"

L- "For the last time, she is not your best friend anymore, you've been nothing but horrible to her"

R- "I have not"

L- "Then why are you the reason she left?"

Riley stood there speechless. She didn't have the right to come and talk to my about Maya but I'm sure it it was quite obvious I was upset.

Farkle came looking for Riley five minutes later and she was still in shock.

F- "What have you done with Riley?"

L- "Nothing, she's just struggling to accept that she made Maya run away"

F- "How did she?"

L- "It wasn't just her, it was you too. The looks you gave, the things you'd say"

R- "I won't take the blame for this"

L- "Well you should! I'll leave you two now"

I walked away knowing that if I didn't I'd get far too angry with them, and that wouldn't be what Maya'd want.