Chapter 5

Maya's PoV

The rest of the night was so awkward. I didn't know what to say to him so barely talked. I was scared that I would announce my feeling for him by accident.

I went downstairs and watched TV with his mom, after a few minutes of silence she decided to start a conversation,

C- "Maya, are you ok? You seem to be acting unusual today"

M- "Me? Oh I'm fine, just like normal living my life. I'm perfect actually"

C- "No I'm not buying that. Maya you know you can tell me anything"

I didn't want to say anything but I knew Cathy, she wasn't going to give up. I checked Lucas wasn't anywhere where he could hear and closed the door.

M- "Will you promise not to tell him?"

C- "Tell who? Lucas? You know you can trust him, you're really good friends"

M- "But the thing I'm worried about is about him"

C- "OK then, what's on your mind"

M- "I think I like your son"

Cathy just looked at me for a few seconds with no expression on her face. What was she thinking? I wasn't sure if she was happy, surprised, mad or anything. 

Before she had time to respond I heard footsteps upstairs, it was Lucas. I panicked, hoping he hadn't been listening. When he entered the room he just acted casually so I'm sure he didn't hear anything.

Lucas's PoV

Maya had been acting really weird since we got home, she barely talked and when she did it was just small talk. Was she Ill?

Whilst Maya was downstairs with my mom I decide to phone Zay, I hadn't spoke to him since the incident when he told everyone about Texas.  He was surprised to hear from me so knew something was wrong.

Z- "Lucas, we havnt talked for weeks, why are you calling me now"

L- "I have a girl problem, and your good at solving these, and I didn't think anyone else would talk to me right now"

Z- "What do you mean? I thought Riley and Farkle were your friends"

L- "They were, but you've been hanging out with them and none of you talk to me and Maya anymore"

Z- "Maya! Is the girl problem about Maya"

L- "Yes it is and I don't know what to do"

L- "I'll meet you at Topanga's. We can talk this through"

I walked downstairs to find my mom with quite a shocked face, what was going on?  Before she told me any girly gossip that I wasn't really interested in, I told her and Maya that I was going to see Zay and walked out the door.