Chapter 10

Zay's PoV

After maths I started walking to the lockers to put my books away and wait for either Lucaya or Riarkle to eat lunch with. I didn't know who I would be eating lunch with today as I was still stuck between the two groups. Even through Lucas and I had been friends for years, I grew to be very good friends with Farkle, and anyone could get on with Riley.

I felt bad each time I went with a group though because I always felt like it was my fault. I was the one who mentioned Lucas's past to the group, if I hadn't have come to New York, I'm sure they'd all still be the best of friends.

I turned around from my locker to see Lucaya and Riarkle both walking towards me from different directions. I really hoped that I didn't have to choose between them, I didn't want to be left alone but I couldn't choose between the two of them.

M- "Zay"

R- "Zay"

L- "Zay we need your help"

Z- "So who wants me today?"

F- "It's your choice, but after the way Maya talked to Riles yesterday I'm not spending lunch with her"

M- "The way I talked to her?"

L- "Maya only spoke the truth. What's wrong with that?"

F- "Stop standing up for you girlfriend"

R- "Lucas isn't going out with Maya. He is my boyfriend"

L- "No I'm not. I'm not anyone's boyfriend, but I choose Mayas over you any day"

Z- "Stop! I don't want to be caught up in your argument. I'm leaving"

I walked out of the corridor out to the cafeteria. I wasn't going to suffer with having to decide between them constantly. I loved them, they were my best friends but only when everyone got on.

Maya's PoV

We'd lost Zay, both of us lost Zay. But it didn't matter as much anymore. After the was Riley talked about me I'd given up on her, I still had Lucas, i didn't need her. She only ever brought me down. Lucas and I would be just fine on our own.