Reach! Chapter 2

I opened the door and hoisted my drenched body into the car. I closed the door and fastened my seatbelt. I couldn't help but stare at him.

"Are you busy today?" Brad asked.

"No. Why?" I asked twirling my wet hair around my index finger.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to the mall. I need to get some new drum sticks and some strings for my guitar."

"Yeah sure I'll come but can you take me home first so I can change?" I asked.

"Sure" He smiled.

I gave him the directions to my house. His cologne smelt so good. I shifted closer to him and he looked at me from the corner of his eye. I stopped and realised I was blushing. I turned and pretended to look out the window. This felt awesome. We reached my house and I jumped out of the car and ran to get changed. Last thing I wanted was to keep him waiting for a long time in the car.

"What should I wear, what should I wear?!" I was talking to myself again, great.

I put on my favourite skinny jeans. Now I wish I did my laundry on Saturday. Nearly all my tops were dirty. I grabbed the best looking clean one I could find. It was a tight plain black top that I hadn't worn for almost a year. I put on some flat brown suede boots and my dark grey puma jacket. I even got the handbag I got for my birthday from under my bed and put all the stuff I'll need in it. I quickly blow dried my hair and ran out the door and into the car. 15 minutes world record!

"Hey" I said to him for some unknown reason. I always do that. I wonder if it's normal.

"Are your parents home?" He asked.

"Nope, they're both working late tonight and my brother is out at a friend's house til late too. Why?"

"Your house just looks empty, that's all." He said as he reversed out the driveway.

The mall isn't very far from my house. It's only a five minute drive by car and 15 if you're walking. He drove straight to the underground parking and found a spot near the main entrance. Brad got out of the car first and stood next to my door waiting for me to hop out.

"Whoa" I tripped but then he caught me. It was almost like magic.

"You okay?" He said as he made sure I was steady.

"Yeah, thanks" I said looking deep into his eyes.

"Come on" He smiled.

I felt like a princess walking through the mall with my handsome prince. I saw some girls from another school staring at him so I stood even closer to him and started a conversation to make them jealous. It worked.

"I heard you and your band are performing at the whole school assembly on Friday."

"Yeah"

We walked into a huge music store. I've only been in here once and I'm already lost but it seems as though he knows this place from top to bottom.

"So are you nervous"

He laughed at me.

"Why would I be nervous?" He asked.

"I don't know"

"I got used to the whole large crowd thing. I would only get nervous if I had to perform in front of a 10,000 people." He smiled a cute side smile.

"Well were you nervous the first time you performed in front of a crowd?"

"Honestly, the first time I performed in front of a crowd I was literally shaking from head to toe and I felt sick."