Reach! Chapter 3

A/N hey everyone. please comment and vote. I really want to know what you think about this chapter.

***

I told Jasmine everything that happened without leaving out a single detail. As I expected she started screaming on the other end of the line.

"But I don't understand. Why would he just give you a ride? He doesn't do that. He usually drives past without even looking at who's getting drenched in the rain on their way home. Trust me I know, he's done that to me. He just drove past and I was walking getting soaked." Jasmine complained.

"I seriously don't know Jasmine but maybe he's going to start talking to me now at school. He's really cool to hang out with and he was totally checking me out." I smiled at the thought of him checking me out.

"Nicole, guys always are checking out girls. I've had guys that hate my guts check me out when I was wearing a mini skirt. They just like to stare at gorgeous female legs." She laughed.

"No wonder no one else at school will talk to you except me." I laughed.

"People talk to me"

"Like who?" I asked curiously.

"Brad Davis" She said with attitude to prove her point.

"What? When?" I rushed out.

"Like all the time. I have a class with him and we're always talking."

"Okay then, prove it" I replied with attitude.

"Um... well" she struggled out "He sort of... only... talks to me in class but we still talk." She rushed out the last part.

"Well what does he say" I asked curiously and eager to know.

"He tells me about his band and stuff. Like yesterday he told me about how his band is performing at the school assembly on Friday and....." she drifted off.

"And...."I encouraged her to finish.

"Nothing" she sounded nervous.

"Jasmine, best friends don't keep secrets." I told her.

"Promise not to get mad?" She really did sound nervous.

"Promise"

"Well he said that I'm his number one fan and he wants me there next time he's performing out school and he said if they get famous I could go on tour with them if I wanted to." She went quiet on the other end of the phone when she finished.

I was shocked. Did Brad like Jasmine more? Wait, does Jasmine like Brad.

"Jazzy?" I asked her

"Yeah"

"Do you like Brad?" I really didn't want to know the answer but at the same time I hoped it would be no.

"I'm sorry Nikki but yeah I do." She sounded sad.

"It's alright, He obviously like you more anyway so you can have him" That's what best friends do right? Make their other friends happy no matter what.

"No Nikki you have him. You've liked him longer and I only started liking him when I moved into his class which was 2 months ago. You've liked him ever since we started high school. That is more than 2 years so you deserve him." Wow has it really been that long?

"What about we make him decide? Whichever one of us he talks to more and hangs out with more until the 11:59p.m on Saturday wins."

"Okay, you make it sound all Cinderella like when you said 11:59p.m" Jasmine laughed.