Chapter 3 (Alexa)

Enjoy! :)

~

"Is she alright?" Mom's voice, what is she doing here? "Mom?" "Oh honey! How are you feeling?" I was in the beach clinic on the bed with both my parents beside me. "My nose kinda hurts so does my head... Why are you here? It was just a little accident." "Lex you were out for a couple hours Nat and Adrian began to worry and called us." Dad said stroking my hair. "Where are they?" "We sent them home already. We can leave already too. Just let us know when you can get up." Mom said.

I slowly sat up. Ok head is spinning a little. I drank the water that was on the table beside me. I can't believe I got hit by a ball twice today. I'm pretty sure the second one was on purpose though. "Ok I think I'm ready to go home. I just want my bed." I stood up slowly and walked with my parents to the car. We drove home and I had a quick dinner in my room. While eating my phone rang.

"Hey Nat." "Hey Lexa, are you okay? You made us so worried..." "I'm fine. My head just hurts a little so does my nose. But I'll survive." "That good. Adrian's been mopping around since we got home. He think it's all his fault for not seeing the ball earlier or blocking it." "Well, tell him it's not his fault it's the stupid bimbo's. Let him know that I'm feeling better also. I just need to sleep."

"Don't worry I will. Since you're okay, on to my next agenda you like Adrian. And he so likes you back." Natalie stated. "You're being silly Nat." I laughed at her for even thinking such a thing. "Come in I see how he sees you and I see how you react around him. Admit it you are so into him."

I do not like Adrian; I mean how can you like your best friend right? "Natalie, do you remember who you're talking about? He's your cousin. And besides Nat, Adrian always has girls hanging around him. I'm sure he doesn't look at me in that way." I really don't understand how Natalie could think I like Adrian. "Fine whatever you say. But if you, I mean when you end up with him, you are not going to hear the end of it." She nagged."Sure I won't. I gotta get to bed soon. See ya tomorrow!"

~

It's been a few days since the volleyball incident and I'm good as new. The three of us have a movie in the background while we lounge around in my room. Today was too hot to spend outside so we decided a day in is what we need. Especially air conditioning. "Nat, Lexa, you feel like going to a party tonight? It's Clark's party. You remember him? He was a senior last year. It's his moving away party." Adrian invited.

"Yeah I remember him. He was quite the popular guy." Natalie said. "Everyone always wanted to be around him." I added. "So are we going?" Adrian asked. "Sure, I have nothing better to do." I shrugged. "It's PARTY TIME!!!" Natalie screamed. Then dragged me to my closet to look for something to wear for the both of us.

"Here put this on. And I'm going to borrow these." Natalie pointed out handing me some clothes and grabbing some for herself too. She gave me a black high waisted shorts and a silver halter top, with a matching black choker. For shoes I went with knee high boots. Natalie started putting makeup on me. I never really understood makeup... She was wearing a navy blue, skin tight, sleeve less dress with some black, strappy stilettos. "Trying to impress someone Nat?" I teased her.

"We both know I'm not one to dress to impress. Besides I only dress like this cause unlike you I actually have fashion sense. No close your eyes I'm not done." She pointed at me. "Hey you're wearing my clothes and last time I checked if I didn't have a sense of fashion I wouldn't have these clothes in my closet." I rambled defensively. "Ok whatever. Let me finish your makeup so we can go before Adrian starts shouting at us. "NATALIE!!!! ALEXA!!!!! WE'RE LATER THAN FASHIONABLY LATE!!!!!! HURRY UP!!!!!" Adrian shouted from downstairs. "There it is" Natalie and I said together.