Chapter 13 (Alexa)

We got the the island yesterday late afternoon. We were all tired, so after an early dinner we all went to bed. Natalie and I share a room, Adrian and Nash too. Today we're all going out and do some family activities. Sounds corny but it's pretty fun and it happens at every vacation.

"Let's go Alexa we don't want to be late for breakfast. And I'm hungry!" Nat rushed. "Wait I'm trying to find an outfit." I said rummaging through my luggage. "Here wear this. And... This. Cute yet game friendly." She got me a grey loose tank top with some ripped jean shorts. I got my swim suit to finish the outfit. "Thanks Nat!" I slipped my sandals on and we were ready to go.

We stepped out of our hut, the same time as Adrian and Nash did. "Good morning sis. Morning Nat." Nash hug me. "Morning!" Nat and I said. "Adrian, seriously no love for your cousin?" Nat opened her arms waiting for a hug. Adrian looked away from me and hugged Nat.

"Good morning, my annoying cousin." Adrian smirked down at Nat. She elbowed him in return. We began walking down the sand to the restaurant in the resort. Nash and Nat were ahead of Adrian and I. "Morning Alexa." He whispered. "Morning." I smiled back.

"Good morning children!" The parents greeted. We greeted back and went around to kiss everyone. "We have a kids table for you over there." Ben joked. We laughed and sat down next to our parents. When we were younger we would always feel bad sitting on our own table. Now, that doesn't sound so bad. But all the nice food is with the adults.

"Are you kids ready to play some games?" Tom asked. "How should we team up this time?" Dad asked. "Kids vs Parents!" The guys shouted. "I like that. Cause we're going to win." Ben gloated. "But wait that's not fair. There 6 adults and only four of us kids." Natalie complained.

"I'll sit this one out. I've never been the sporty type anyways." Mom laughed. "I'll sit out too, I'll referee the games." Tom volunteered since he did make up the games and rules. "Ok first game, let's warm up with egg toss." He added.

We split our groups into pairs. When we were younger, our parents would tell Nat and I not to pair up and to bond with the boys. Since then I would always be paired with Adrian during these type of games. In egg toss though we were champions.

"You ready to kick some parent butt A?" Adrian said using his old pet name for me. "Always A." I answered back with a smile. Tom blew the whistle and I tossed him the egg first. Tom blew the next whistle and he tossed it back. This went on for two more rounds before dad caught the egg Carol threw and crushed it.

The next few rounds went by without a splat then Nash just had to throw the egg straight to Nat's forehead. Nat was so angry you could see steam coming from her ears. She chased him around us before she tackled him and pinned him on the sand. Tom blew the whistle so they would break it off. We were all laughing when Natalie stood up now a mix of egg and sand.

We continued to play, it's was just Adrian and I vs Joan and Ben head to head. I threw the egg and it went a little past Adrian, he caught it just before he hit the ground and we were safe. At that moment we heard another splat and Ben had egg all over his hands and shirt. "A and A win again!" Adrian ran to me and carried me up. Nash and a now wet Nat came running to us to join the celebration.

We played four more games before we beat the parents. At the end of it they were exhausted. It was a good thing it was time for lunch. The four us raced each other to the restaurant, of course the guys won...

~

After lunch the four of us went down to the beach to swim. The parents stayed in their rooms to take a nap or get a massage. Nat and I sunbathed while the guys played with the frisbee. It was too hot to be under the sun but it was perfect for tanning.