Chapter 21 (Adrian)

Another POV, a sneak peak at how Adrian feels about all of this. Enjoy!

~

It was all a blur. All I'm sure of is I let her down. I let Nat down. I let everyone down. I should reached over. I could've held on to her. I rubbed my face, I was back at home in my room safe. And she was out there somewhere, lost. It's been a week since the incident but the whole thing still kept replying and replying in my head.

I couldn't sleep, eat, I didn't even want to go out anymore. My buddy have passed by but nothing could bring me out of my room. Natalie was strong, as sad and heartbroken as she is missing her best friend she's been the one coordinating with Alexa's parents to help look for her. Everything was just starting. I'm such an idiot. I should held on to her. I could've saved her. I should have one after her... It's too late now...

"Adrian, sweetie, can you please eat something?" My mom sat beside me on the bed placing down a tray of food. "It not your fault. Don't be yourself up. Alexa wouldn't want you to do this to yourself. She's right... But I just won't be content until we find her. "I know mom. It's just so hard. She out there somewhere, we don't even know..." tears were building up in my eyes. "We don't even...know... if..." I couldn't say it.

"Sshhhh" my mom hushed me. I hugged her and cried on her shoulder. Yes I sound like a pussy, but I love Alexa. She's more than just my best friend... There was a knock on the door and it was Natalie. "Hey, I just wanted to check on you. I'm about to leave right now do you want to come with me? We're searching the near by beaches again."

"I'm coming." I stood up, walked to the door ready to leave. "You are not going dressed in your pajamas. And on an empty stomach. Here take a shower. I'll fix your food to go." I got the towel from my mom and headed to the bathroom. The warm water was relax my tense body. But I couldn't help it, I  thought about it again.

Adrian!!! I'm slipping!!!" She shouted. "Adrian!!!" Her voice, I could still here it like she was here.

"Alexa!!! Hold on!!!"

"I won't let you go."

These were promises I wasn't able to fulfill...

"I-I can't..."

Her voice was so weak... broken, like she knew she would slip away from me...

"Adrian? Are you alright in there?" Natalie asked from outside. "Yeah I'm almost done." I quickly rinsed my body and wrapped a towel around my waist. I entered my room to get new clothes before joining Natalie in the living room. "Ready to go?" She asked. "Yu—" "Not yet. Here you go. Now you are." Mom gave me a bag of food.  "Nat I packed you food too. It's all in there." "Thanks Aunt Carol!" Natalie hugged my mom. I hugged her good bye as well and Nat and I were off.

"I'm Pete. I'll be assisting you around the near by beaches." The coastguard told us. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Natalie, and this is my cousin Adrian." We shook hands before following him to his car. The first beach we went to was full of people. We went to the lifeguard hut to ask about Alexa. "Good day, we are on an investigation, last week this girl." The Bill held up Alexa's picture. "Fell over board in the middle of the see not far from here. We were hoping you saw her or know of any girl missing?"

The lifeguards all shook their heads. "This is a very busy Beach and all accidents or strange occasions are immediately reported to us." One said. "I'm afraid this week we didn't have any. I'm sorry we can't be of any help." Another added. "But if we do hear anything we'll let you know." We thanked them and Bill exchanged numbers with them.