To Love A Warbler-Chapter 10

Blaine's POV

"Don't Daddy! Don't! It wasn't his fault! He means so much to me. Don't Daddy! DON'T! We were gonna get married..." The angelic voice faded in my arms. I held the body close.

"How could you do such a thing? We were gonna get married. I love-"

"YOU DO NOT LOVE!" The father screamed. "YOU ARE A HEARTLESS DEMON FOR STEALING MY PRIZE AND JOY!"

"BUT WE WERE GOING TO GET-"

"SHUT UP!!" The sound of a shotgun.

I fell. But not to the concrete, no. Through it. I was falling off a cliff and the same angelic voice was calling for me, calling my name...

"Blaine!"

"Help me..." I called.

"Blaine!!"

"I need you!" I screamed.

"BLAINE! WAKE THE HELL UP BEFORE I START KISSING YOU!"

Kirsten's exclamation finally got me to sit up.

"Oh gosh, Blaine, I didn't mean it! Damn, you're white as a ghost, I'm sorry!" She hugged me and started rubbing my back. "Blaine, I'm so sorry, it's just-that's what we used to do and I just kinda-man, I'm sorry-so sorry-"

"Kirsten!" I cut her off, laughing. "Kirsten, buddy, it's okay! I just had a bad dream-"

"Oh no! Was I in it? I bet I was. Man, I ruin everything, don't I?" She sighed. "I'm sorry I'm so terrifying-"

I pushed her away from my body and stared her in the eyes. "Kirsten. You are not terrifying. You are not scary. The dream wasn't even about you." Well, technically, that wasn't a lie. I didn't know who the dream was about. "And I don't mind you threatening to kiss me as long as Kurt doesn't hear you. He doesn't like you very much."

"Yes he does! We worked it out! After the...incident...yesterday, he was the one who got Aunt Emma."

"Ah, Aunt Emma. How is she?"

Kirsten laughed. "Still recovering from Jackson's paintball attack." She rolled her eyes. "I am MORE than past that because that's how I met-"

"Jeff?" I smiled. We were best friends, so I could practically read her mind. She liked him to some degree. And I'm talking about the 'aw-look-how-cute-he-is-today-right-Blaine' kind of like.

She narrowed her eyes. "No-well, maybe...yeah..." She sighed. "I don't know! What's it like, falling for someone?"

"Did you not fall for me?" I asked.

"That's different." She looked me in the eyes and I was whisked back to the day I first met her.

**********************************************Flashback******************************************************

"You want me to WHAT?" I stared at Joey incredously. "No!"

"C'mon, please?" His southern accent drawled as he got on his knees. "It's a harmless prank!"

"On a new girl?" I rolled my eyes and pushed him over. "Joey, that ain't how I-"

Suddenly he stood up and covered my mouth. Quietly, so that only I could hear him, he whispered, "A cow as white as..."

I followed his eyes. "Milky-Way," I whispered. "Look at her."

A girl who seemed to be not over the age of eight-so, the same age as us-was looking around, lost. She had brunette hair pulled into a high ponytail and purple glasses. Her shirt was pink and read "Dylan's Candy Bar, New York, New York". Her skirt was red plaid, she had pink converse, and her socks were mismatched. She looked up at us and smiled shyly. Waving, she hopped from one foot to the other.