To Love A Warbler-Chapter 16

Jeff's POV

"La la, la la la la la la la la la, this is-my musical monolouge!" Kirsten sang loudly, jumping on the couch next to me.

"Hi, Kirsten," I said, looking at her.

She gave me a puppy dog face. "Jeffie."

"Yes?" I quirked my eyebrow.

"Jeeeffieeeee."

"Yes?" I asked again.

She leaned into me. "JEEEEEEEEFFIEEEEEEEEEEE."

I slipped my hand around her waist. "What do you want from me?" I shouted dramatically.

She sat up away from me. "Some chick outside is looking for you."

"What does she look like?" I asked carefully.

"Blonde-"

Uh oh. But, there's no way it was...

"-creepy ice green eyes-"

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no...it might be...

"-and this creepy smile. I mean, she looks like a clown. And she's wearing this Aero t-shirt that kind of looks like the ones that you have-cause it's a guys shirt, I know that much."

Oh crap. Hell. No, damnit, it couldn't be...

"And she said her name was Carly and you'd be excited to see her. Are you?"

I froze, staring out the window. I could see Carly's car, but Carly was nowhere in sight.

"Jeffie?" Kirsten slowly took my hand. "Jeffie, are you okay?"

"Did you tell her where I was?"

She shook her head. "Nope, I wanted to see if you knew her. Do you?"

"Yeah, but tell her...tell her I don't go to school here anymore." I looked at Kirsten, panicked.

"Tell Carly that Jeff moved to Switzerland!" Matt called.

"And that he gave us his car!" Mark chipped in.

There was a sound of collective agreement and Wes put his hand on my shoulder. "Go hide in the twin's room," he said.

I moved to get up, but Kirsten held me down. "Jeff."

"What?" I whispered.

"Jeff, who is this chick?"

"I'm his ex girlfriend," a voice-a voice I never wanted to hear again-called from the door. "Hi, Jeffie!"

Oh no.

Carly's POV

I knew I looked good. The shirt may have been a guys shirt, but it was a small, so it accented my boob job really well. And the short skirt...well, let's just say that it didn't leave much to imagination. The heels, though, I was the most proud of. Gucci, 2011, three-and-a-half inches tall.

I looked great.

So when I walked in to the house that I knew Jeff was in, I expected him to be all over me, begging for us to get back together.

Not holding the hand of that chick I talked to earlier.

"Jeff, who is this chick?" I heard her ask.

Who am I? "I'm his ex girlfriend. Hi, Jeffie!"

I walked in, trailing my hand across Wes's butt on my way to my ex. "Jeffie?" I asked when he didn't turn around. "Jeffie, are you okay?"