To Love A Warbler- Chapter 5

Jeff's POV

At first we didn't see him because we were all laughing so hard. But Kirsten started looking around and her eyes landed on someone.

"Who's that?" she asked in a dreamy voice.

Blaine, Kurt and I followed her eyes. Kurt started shaking, Blaine grabbed his hand, and I grimaced. "David freaking Karofsky. Stay away from him," Blaine growled.

"Why?" Kirsten said, pouting her bottom lip a little.

"He's a homophobe. Bullied me so hard last year, I had to go to Dalton for a few months." Kurt took a shaky breath. "Not that I'm complaining, though."

"He's a...meanie." I didn't want to curse in the presence of a lady.

"Bitch?" she offered.

"That too," I murmured.

She laughed. "But he's cute."

Kurt gasped. "How can you say that?"

"Because she doesn't know him," Blaine said assuringly. "And she shouldn't."

"I want to at least give him a chance," she said, looking at us. "Wait, that's no fair! Three guys against one girl?" She pouted. "Hmph."

I already knew a few things about her. She loved her aunt. She was an Arkansan. And now I knew she was stubborn, too.

"He's not worth it." I looked her in the eyes. She looked back with a pouty expression.

"Jeff, please."

"Why are you asking me?"

"Well...uhm...nevermind..." She sighed. "Can I at least try and talk to him?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Blaine."

"Never!"

She groaned. "Well what if it's all an act?"

"It isn't," I said.

"Well," Kurt started.

I looked at him. "Well?"

"Are you just all against me?"

Blaine sighed. "Don't be so melodromatic, Kirsten."

"Shut it, Blaine."

I looked over at Karofsky. He was watching Kirsten and I felt a sudden rush of jealousy.

"Jeff, stop her!" Blaine groaned.

I looked around and saw Kirsten walking over to Karofsky shyly. "Oh hell no," I whispered. I started walking after her but then Karofsky caught sight of me. He started glaring at me. I glared back. "Damn."

"Crap," Kurt said.

"What?"

"I can't have her being nice to him and bringing him over here!" Kurt sighed frustratedly. I hadn't taken my eyes off them. Kirsten was flirting with him shamelessly, and David was flirting back just as shamelessly.

"It makes me sick," I said.

"What does?" Blaine asked.

"Those two."

Kirsten said something, and David looked at us. He nodded a little, then said something to her. She laughed and her voice carried over to us. I sighed.

"You like her," Blaine said.

"Is it obvious?"

"Wait, you do?" Kurt asked.

"Apparently no. Yeah, I like her." I smiled.

"Cute." Kurt sighed. "Is it wrong of me to say that those two are cuter?"

I growled. "Yeah."

"Okay," Kurt said.

"Don't worry about him. He's just jealous that she's falling for Dav-Karofsky instead of him," Blaine said, sitting next to Kurt.

"Pretty much," I said, sitting on the other side of Kurt. Kirsten looked back at us, then smiled and kind of waved at me. I gave her a half smile and looked away.

"She's looking at you," Blaine said, poking me.

"Too bad," I said sadly.

"Oh, look, she's coming this way," Kurt said, "with Karofsky in tow." I looked up and he was right. Kirsten was smiling and laughing with David, walking over to us.

"Hey guys!" she said brightly.

"Hi Kirsten," I said before looking away.

I heard her sigh. "Blaine, did you know Dylan?"

"Uh, in Magnolia? Yes, why?"

Kirsten laughed a little. "That's David's cousin!"

I snapped my head to look at her. Blaine laughed a little. "Really? But he was so nice! How could he and DAVID be related?"

Kirsten cocked her head. "I don't know. But it's true!"

David laughed. "I was visiting one time when she came over to hang out with him. I believe that Kirsten spilled Diet Coke on me when she and Dylan wanted to watch TV..."

"What does that have to do anything?" Kurt asked annoyedly. I couldn't take my eyes from her face. She looked happy. I frowned a little.

"See, he's not so bad!" Kirsten protested.

I sighed. This was going to be a long year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just going to point out that I don't really have a plot line for this story. (Ohhhhh! I know, scandalous!! But it's true!) So it'll be put on hold for a while, until I finish 'Making Choices'! i know how to finish that! So I'll get back to the story relatively soon I think!!! Night y'all!

~italianbikini