Chapter 5: Old Friend

The Gaang woke up that morning to Sokka screaming at what he witnessed in front of him. Everyone was previously sleeping peacefully until Momo jumped on Sokka because a fly was hovering above his mouth. This made Sokka wake up annoyed and go to Appa where he saw the two lovers still in the same position. This of course was expected by Aang and Katara so they ignored him, however, he continued to rant and rave in true Sokka fashion. Once he had woken up everyone with his excessive screaming, they all flew towards the Western Air Temple where they trained previously before the fight with Ozai. Still, with no word from the Earth Kingdom on whether Azula made any advancements in taking back the throne, they oddly remained in a peaceful state. Once they got to the temple the silence that engulfed them was broken by none other than Sokka.

"Appa, I want to thank you for the year and a half of lugging me around but man you fly slow!"

"How about you heave all of us through the air for multiple hours Sokka?!" Aang exclaimed somewhat annoyed. He didn't understand why but every once in awhile Sokka would find something to complain by what was the most important figure in team Avatar.

"Gentleman, please no fighting, once everyone has a bowl of noodles, everyone will feel much better." Iroh cooed.

This caused both of them to huff and puff and both go their separate ways. Thankfully, Aang had a lot on his mind anyways, allowing himself to forget the minor scuffle with Sokka. Ever since the note, he found on the ship he had an eerie feeling that he was always being watched. Even on the small island, he felt as if someone that wasn't in the group was watching. But how? Maybe it was his nervousness on protecting Katara, but it felt like more. It was an eerie feeling... like someone they had known before. He recognized the presence, yet couldn't put a face to it. But since very few knew how to get to where they were his mind went to peace. Amidst his thoughts, Katara came behind him and hugged him from behind.

"Are you alright Aang? You seem tense, your muscles are all scrunched up." She said while playfully squeezing his bicep. Aang rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just tired." Aang lied.

"Oh well if you're tired do you want to lay down? I could use a nap myself," She asked hopefully.

Aang looked at her with a bashful smile and nodded as they went to an old bedroom deep within the temple to lay down. Once they made it to the room Aang had started to have flashbacks back to his childhood. The room, untouched for over 100 years, looked beautiful. Every piece of historic artistry intact, reminding him of his past life, back home with Gyatso. Whilst caught up in the moment he subconsciously leaned down and wrapped his arms around Katara's legs and back and lifted her off the ground. This caused her to giggle and lean into him. He sat her down on the bed and went to the other side to lie down. Not wasting a single second in worry of dampening the mood, he slowly wrapped his arms around Katara's waist and breathed in her sweet smell. Nothing could ruin this moment. Nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

(Sokka's POV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Iroh, could these noodles have any sort of meat?" Sokka had been wanting meat since they left Ba Sing Se, but with Aang around the Gaang is on a vegetarian diet which clashed with Sokka's lifestyle. He had been cranky about it the whole flight to the temple and with Aang and Katara giving him the "oogies" he wasn't on cloud nine. Speaking of Aang and Katara...