Chapter 2

After a long day in long, boring classes, I head back to my dorm room with Freya. We set up our room and we get to know each other more. Then we realize that we don't have any food in our fridge.
"Do you have a job?" I ask Freya.
"Nope. Do you?" She asks me back.
"Looks like I need to find one. But in the meantime, do you have any money for food?"
"I can ask my boyfriend if he can send us money."
"Yeah. That'll be great!" I exclaim, "Well, while you do that, I'm going to find a job."
"Okay. Have fun!"
She says as she dials her phone to talk to her boyfriend. I sit on my bed and search for jobs online.

Babysitter- Nope... just nope. £2 an hour? Yeah.. definitely not..

Café worker- cleans tables and works nine hours a day. Yeah. Not with college.

Janitor at Thorpe Park- I do not feel like cleaning up puke. The cleaning, I can do. But I cannot clean up puke.

Maid- Pays £10 an hour for 5 hours every day... Uh.. yes!

I message the number saying that I am interested in the offer and then, I just wait. Seconds later, my messages ding and I check my inbox. They already messaged me?

Hello Katherine, we appreciate your offer to become our made. If it's alright with you, we would like you to come to this address we are about to send you tonight at six. We want to interview you and see how well you will manage.
-Olajide Olatunji

YAY! I'm pretty sure I have the job. Just, I have to clean. That's it, right? I squeal in excitedness as I shut my laptop.

"Did you find a job?" Freya questions me, excitingly.
"Yep! It pays so much!"
"Ooh! What is it?"
"I'm a maid. I get paid £10 an hour for five hours every day!"
"That's a lot!"
"I know!! Well, I have to go. I have to be there at six."
"Okay. Have fun! Good luck."
"Bye," I say as I walk out of the dorm and to the bus.

-----

The bus ride to the address was fairly quick. The house that I arrived at looked so big and elegant on the outside.

As I reach the front door, my nerves start to kick in and I suddenly become nervous. Job interviews aren't as easy as they seem.

I hesitantly knock on the front door. A few moments later, the door opens and I'm greeted with a tall, blonde boy.

"Can I help you?" He asks, confused.

"Um, yeah. My name is Katherine Hall and I sent an application for a job as a maid. I was sent this address to meet up for an interview," I state, trying my hardest not to let my voice shake.

"Oh, you must have sent an application from the thing JJ set up on the internet," he mumbles to himself, "Hold up a second."

He closes the door slightly and shouts, "JJ, get your ass down here, there's a nervous girl at the door for you."

He opens the door fully again and smiles, "I'm Simon, by the way."

I force a fake smile on my face in return.

"Im Katherine, like I said before, but you can call me Kate," I say. Simon nods in reply and then I notice someone coming down the stairs behind him.

"Im here," the boy, I'm assuming JJ, says as he stands next to Simon.

"Im Olajide, just call me JJ though. You must be Katherine," JJ puts his hand out so I shake it and nod.

"Come on in, it's freezing out there," he says and ushers me inside. Once I'm inside, I take a look around. Wow, this house is huge.
-

"So I'm guessing this is your first job interview," JJ says.
"Yeah. It is," I say, my voice rather shaky.
"Have you ever cleaned a whole house before?"
"N-no, sir."
"Woah. Hold up. Sir? Yeah... just stick with JJ. No professional names or anything like that."
"Yes, s- JJ."

JJ just chuckles at me at continues on with questioning me.

"Okay. Do you think you can manage to clean 4 guy rooms and 2 bathrooms?"
"Yeah, sure," I say, kinda laid back.
"Okay, well. You seem nice enough. But what can you actually do? To test that, you will follow me upstairs and I want you to clean my room."

Oh God. I just got here and he already wants me to clean a room? I don't know how bad these rooms are... what if I find something I don't want to find... you know what? No. I will do this and I will succeed.

I am led to his room and see a giant mess.

"This is your test. Clean this room in 2 hours and you are our maid."

I start to pick up things and organize them. This will be a long night.

-Kayla (KaylaXIX)