Chapter 11

"JJ! Stop!" I heard a girl squeal. My eyebrows widened. I was in Simon's room, cleaning, with Abby sitting on the bed. I looked at her and we shared a moment of silence before bursting out in laughter together. "What the actual fuck?" I asked through my laughter. "That must be Kenzie." She said, still laughing "JJ's girlfriend?" I asked, wiping my eyes. I didn't have any makeup on, thankfully, so I wasn't worried about crying from laughter. She nodded. Then, the door burst open and a short girl with blonde hair ran in, closing it behind her. "Hi Abby. Hi, Kate is it?" She asked. I nodded, looking at her, smiling. "JJ's trying to tickle me." She said, walking across the room to the other side of the bed and laying down on the ground. She wasn't visible from the door. I giggled. "Alrighty then." I said as I continued wiping down Simon's desk. "Kenzie! Where the fuck did you go?" JJ's voice was coming closer. Then, he opened the door. "Hey guys. Where is she?" He asked. "Who?" I asked. "Oh yeah you haven't met her. My girlfriend, Kenzie." He smiled. I nodded slowly. "That means she's not in here. Thanks." He said and turned around quickly. Kenzie sat up quickly. "Thanks. I owe you one." She said, patting my back as she waited by the door until JJ's voice sounded again, this time he was downstairs. She walked out and ran towards his room. I laughed. "Cute." I muttered. "They are adorable." An unexpected voice answered me. I looked at the doorframe to see Simon. He came in and laid down besides Abby, making her laugh. "Well. I guess I should leave now. I just washed those sheets so please be careful." I smirked as I walked out quickly, making them laugh. As I closed his bedroom door behind me, my rag and cleaner in hand, JJ ran past me. "Sorry." He muttered, still going towards his room. I sighed and continued on my way down a flight of stairs to Vik's room. His door was open and he was at his desk, doing something on his computer. Probably editing. He worked hard. "Hey. You need any laundry done or anything? I have nothing better to do." I said, leaning against the doorframe. He looked around his room. "I don't have anything that needs to be done. Why don't you go back to your dorm? Or to Tobi's? I'm not trying to get rid of you, but if you don't have anything to do here...." He let his voice trail off. I nodded. "Yeah I think I'll go to Tobi's. When all of the other couples decide to stop being so fucking adorable, tell them where I went, yeah?" I asked, standing up straight. He chuckled. "Will do." He said, waving me goodbye. I walked down the stairs and into the laundry room to put my supplies up. Then I was on my way.

•••

     I knocked on the door of Tobi's flat. "Just a minute!" He yelled. I smiled at his voice. I haven't spent a lot of time with him recently. Ever since I made a D on that test, he was making sure I was studying instead of working too hard or hanging out with him. The door opened quickly and I looked up at him. He was covered in whipped cream. I laughed. "Okay then." I said, looking him up and down. "Oh hey. I've missed you. I would hug you but yeah." He said, shrugging. I nodded. "Come on in. Want to help us record? It's me and Cal (Freezy) recording. We're doing a friend test. Every question you get wrong you get creamed." He said, leading me towards the dining room, where I guess they were recording. I saw Cal sitting in a chair next to an empty one, towels spread out all over the floor, Tobi's bright lights and camera pointed at him. I could tell this video was going to be golden. "Oh hey Kate." He smiled. I have him a small wave. I had met him once before, but never really hung out with him. "I got more whipped cream!" A voice came from the front door. I recognized it as Harry. I turned around and saw him walk into the room with bags of whipped cream and paper plates. He smiled at me. He wasn't a mess, so he mustn't have been recording with them. "Hey Kate." He said, throwing his arm around me and bringing me into an unexpected side hug. "Hey Dinho." I smiled. He rolled his eyes and pulled away. He set the things down on the floor and went behind the camera and Tobi took his spot. With that, they were recording again. I've watched some of their videos. But I've never seen them actually record one. It's amazing how they can sit down and talk to a camera as if it's their best friend. They treat their viewers like they are their best friends, so it's understandable. I still couldn't do it. I hated taking pictures, so recording a video would take a lot of mental debate and reassurance. I smiled as I watched them have fun. It was great. Watching them do what they love. It's really inspiring. Hopefully, someday, I can do what I love.

-Kenzie ( kenzieXIX )