Chapter 5

I knocked on the guys' front door for what felt like the hundredth time. I've been over here everyday for the past week. Me and the guys have become more friends than employers and employee. "Come on in!" I heard what sounded like Josh yell. I opened the door and stepped inside. It was quite hot outside so I was glad to be inside. Just as I shut the door, someone ran past me, being chased by JJ. "TOBI! There's no use in running!" JJ yelled. So this was Tobi. I've watched the some of their videos with the rest of the 'Sidemen' so I know about them, I just have never met them. Then, I heard a yell and a shattering noise. Oh great. They've broken something. I followed JJ's laugh to the living room, where Tobi was laying on the ground, holding his foot, surrounded by broken glass. It was a just a lamp and, thankfully, not a bone. Once I got a closer look, I realized his foot was bleeding. He probably cut it on some glass. I sighed before leaning down to pick up the bigger shards of glass and moving them out of the way. "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." I said to Tobi, holding out my hand for him to take. "Oh. You must be Kate. I'm Tobi." He smiled at me, despite the fact that he was in pain. I giggled. "Nice to meet you. Now come on." I said. He grabbed my hand and allowed me to help him up. I put his arm over my shoulder and he hopped to the kitchen as I walked. I patted the island once we got there, telling him to sit up there. He did as instructed. "Why were you running from JJ?" I asked as I got out the first aid kit. He chuckled. "We were having a Nerf gun war. Him and Simon were on a team. Me and Josh were on a team." He said, smiling at himself. "What about Vik?" I asked. "Didn't want to have fun I guess." He shrugged. He was cute to say the least. I laughed lightly as I bent down to look at his foot. It was cut, but not bad. It obviously hurt, but he would live. I grabbed a dish towel and wetted it before lightly cleaning it. He winced, but remained still so I could finish. "You're their maid, right?" He asked. I only nodded, focused on not causing him too much pain. "Good luck picking up all of those bullets." He chuckled. I laughed. "It's what I get paid to do." I said, standing up and grabbing a bandage from the kit beside him on the counter. "But you don't get paid to be a nurse." He said. I looked up at him briefly before looking back at his wound. "This is something any friend would do. I'm sorry your friends were too busy laughing their asses off." I giggled, but he didn't. "You consider us friends? I've known you for ten minutes." He asked. I shrugged in response. "You did save my life. So I guess we could be friends." He joked as I stood up once more, closing the first aid kit and picking up the bloody towel. I laughed. "I'm sure you would've lived without my help." I said, finally looking at him completely. "Probably."
He smiled again. "Tobi man! You alright?" Simon came into the kitchen, still recovering from laughing like mad just moments ago. "Yeah. Kate here took good care of me." He said, staying where he was. I took this opportunity to put the kit where it went and put the towel in the laundry room. When I walked back out, Josh and JJ both had joined them in the kitchen. JJ was still laughing. Josh and Simon were laughing lightly. "Guys it's really not that funny." Tobi groaned, a smile of his own glued to his face. "What the fuck is going on down here?" Vik asked as he walked into the kitchen. I grabbed the broom and went to clean up the broken glass. I really hoped Tobi and I could become closer. He seemed like a really great person.

-Kenzie ( kenzieXIX )