Chapter 14

We were all walking around the city. We had a very eventful day at the beach and shopping and did so much. Now, we were exploring, scoping out a good place to have dinner. I walked alongside Tobi in my bikini, everyone was still in their bathing suit, with his hand in mine. So far, this vacation had been amazing. Last night was the first time Tobi and I slept in the same bed as each other, but it wasn't awkward and there wasn't any sexual tension. It was nice. We cuddled and we both slept comfortably. "What about seafood?" Vik asked from the front of the group, his phone in hand as he looked up restaurants. "Hell no!" Simon yelled from behind Tobi and I. Vik chuckled. "Should've already known that. Sorry Simon." He said, shaking his head. "I'm not feeling fast food at all." Emily said. Everyone agreed, except for me. "You alright?" Tobi whispered to me. I nodded. "Just a bit tired." I smiled. "It's your vacation. Relax." He said, taking his hand from mine and throwing his arm over my shoulder, bringing me into him. I smiled and leaned into him. "Can we please just eat somewhere? I'm starving." Callux said. Everyone agreed. We agreed on no seafood, though. Thanks to Simon. "You two are going to fall!" Freya yelled, covering her mouth. I looked at what she was looking at. Kenzie was on JJ's shoulders. "Nah. We're professionals." JJ said, walking slowly. "Professional dumbasses! Get down." Harry yelled. Everyone chuckled a bit, but they stayed like that. "There's a hospital a half of a mile away. It's okay." Kayla said, laughing. "They're cute." Tobi mumbled. I looked around at all of the couples, and smiled. "Everyone here is adorable." I said. Tobi nodded in agreement. I looked up at the starry night sky. I was happy. I was relaxed. I was surrounded by my friends and my lovely boyfriend. How could this not be great?

•••

     Tobi and I arrived back at our hotel room. I plopped down on the bed, staring up at the blue water and fish surrounding us. "I still can't get over how amazing this view is." I said, smiling. Tobi laid down beside me. "I still can't get over how amazing you are." He said, pecking my cheek. I blushed and giggled. "You're so cheesy."  I said, shaking my head. He smiled. "I know." I laughed again. "I'm tired." He said, looking up with me. "Me too." I sighed and sat up. "I'm going to get changed into my pajamas." I said, standing up. I went over to my suitcase, still packed, and dug out some clothes to sleep in. "I think I'm going to shower as well." I said, looking back at Tobi. "You know..." He started, standing up. "For a maid you sure aren't very organized." He said, pointing at my suitcase. I smirked with him. "Allow me." I laughed, turning around and going to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had gotten a little sunburned today, but it wasn't too bad. At least I had fun.

•••

     Today we were going to an amusement park. Amusement parks weren't really my thing. Not only were there a lot of people there, there were so many rides. I did go on rides occasionally, but today I just didn't feel like it. Today I felt very anxious. At everything I did. When I went to Ben and Cal's room to ask if they were coming, and to everyone else's. I had to take deep breaths and calm myself before knocking on the door. I had days like these occasionally. It sucked that it happened to be a day of my vacation, but what am I going to do about it? I looked myself in the mirror one last time. I was just wearing some simple jean shorts and a loose tank top. "Babe. You ready?" Tobi asked. I sighed. Here goes nothing. "Yeah!" I said, slipping my phone in my back pocket and leaving the bathroom. I was going to make the best of today. Even if I did feel like shit mentally. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded. He smiled. "Let's go!" He yelled, walking out of the door behind me, closing it.

•••

     "Let's go on that." Tobi said, pointing at a big roller coaster. I bit my lip. I wasn't going to say no and ruin his fun. I couldn't do that. He would definitely be mad at me. He grabbed my hand and led the way. All of the couples kind of split up. We were all with our significant others. And we were all happy. "Are you okay?" Tobi asked once we got settled in line. I nodded, giving him a small smile. He squinted at me, like he didn't believe me. "You seem a bit....off." He said. I glanced at my feet before looking back up at him. "I'm fine. I promise." I said. I felt bad for lying to him. He didn't deserve that. He just wanted to help. But I didn't want him to worry too much. "Are you scared of rides?" He smirked. I laughed. "Not really." I shrugged. "We'll see about that." He smirked. "Next ten!" The man working the ride yelled. That was us. We walked towards the carts, and I just got more nervous. This was it. This was the first big ride of the day and probably wasn't the last. I just wish I wasn't anxious today. As we got strapped in, Tobi placed his hand over mine. "You look scared." He said, looking worried. We started moving. I gave him a nod and a reassuring smile, and he looked away from me, but kept his hand on mine, gripping it comfortingly. I felt an anxiety attack coming on, but I ignored it, like I have been all day. Maybe that's not the best to do. But I can't help it. I don't think any one knows about my anxiety. I had never really had to explain it. Now I guess I would. And my thoughts where confirmed when tears formed in my eyes, my chest tightened, my hands began to shake uncontrollably, my breaths became shaky, my palms started sweating. There was an arm around me, and I can only assume it was Tobi. My mind was racing. My heart was too. Tobi didn't say anything, he just comforted me. He probably thought I was scared because of the ride. Which I wasn't really. Sometimes, these things just happen. And we don't know why. We want to, we just can't. Eventually, the ride came to an end. I had, thankfully, not shed a single tear, but all of my other symptoms of an attack were still here. Tobi and I exited the ride and he walked with his arm around me. "Are you alright? Do you need some water?" He asked as he led me towards a bench in the shade. I kept my eyes down as my whole body began shaking. He sat me down, sitting down next to me, his arm still around me. I glanced up at him, and he was  staring at me intently. "Sorry." I mumbled, looking back down. "Don't apologize. My mom has anxiety too." He said, bringing me in closer. "How did you know?" I asked, staring at the ground. I was beginning to calm down slowly. "Like I said, my mom has anxiety too." He said. He stayed quiet after that, until my hands stopped shaking, and I took deep breaths again. "Can we go get some water?" I asked, my voice much shakier than I had expected. "Of course." He said, standing up, his arm still around my shoulders. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I mumbled as we walked in the scorching sunlight. "Don't apologize. I completely understand." He said, squeezing my shoulder. "If I had anxiety, thank God I don't, I wouldn't greet people like 'Hi I'm Tobi and I have anxiety'." He joked. I smiled, looking up at him. "There's that smile." He said, poking my cheek. I felt my cheeks grow warm. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm glad I did it.

-Kenzie ( kenzieXIX )

     Sorry for so many time skips this chapter. X